Crystal Reports XI Training
Do you need to know the foundations of Crystal Reports XI? Do you want to create reports that sizzle from one or more data sources ASAP? This series will show you how to create, format, and deliver reports that get results in no time. You will learn everything from the basics of getting around in Crystal's report design environment to the subtle nuances of effective report formatting and data visualization through charting and mapping.
This Crystal Reports XI online training series provides 21 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Navigating the Design Environment
2 . Selecting Just the Right Data Source(s) for Your Report
3 . Report Wizards and Do It Yourself
4 . Selecting and Organizing Your Report Data
5 . Manipulating Your Report Data in Meaningful Ways
6 . Letting Formulas and Functions Do All the Work
7 . Creating Dynamic Reports with Parameters
8 . Formatting Reports that Function and Sizzle
9 . Making Reports Sections Work for You
10 . Visualizing Your Report Data with Charts and Maps
Navigating the Design Environment
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course provides an overview of the report design environment including sections, toolbars, menus, and explorers.
- Report sections
Selecting Just the Right Data Source(s) for Your Report
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course provides an overview of working with data sources, including database drivers, data source selection, and data objects.
- Database drivers
- Selecting a data source
- Adding data objects
- Joining data objects
Report Wizards and Do It Yourself
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course explains how to make a connection to OLE DB or ODBC databases using Xtreme Sample Database 11 in Crystal Reports XI along with how to use the Standard Report Creation Wizard.
- Report wizards
- Do it yourself reporting
Selecting and Organizing Your Report Data
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course provides an introduction to selecting and organizing report data in Crystal Reports XI.
- Understanding field objects
- Grouping report aata
- Creating drill-down reports
Manipulating Your Report Data in Meaningful Ways
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course provides an explanation for filtering data on given criteria, sorting data based on field values, and summarizing and subtotaling data.
- Basic filters
- Advanced filters
- Sorting records
- Grand totals
- Group totals
- Group selection
- Running totals
Letting Formulas and Functions Do All the Work
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course provides an introduction to formula creation and the use of functions in Crystal Reports XI.
- The Formula Workshop
- Arithmetic formulas
- Date and time formulas
- String formulas
- Type conversions
- Control structures
Creating Dynamic Reports with Parameters
In this Crystal Reports 11 online training course, you will learn to add parameter fields to provide a single report that can service very specific reporting requirements and also accommodate a large audience of business users. You will take a closer look at using parameters in your reports, as well as how parameter fields can be created and implemented.
- Parameters 101
- Creating parameter fields
- Implementing parameter fields
- Using parameters with record selections
- Using parameters with Top N selections
- Dynamic and cascading parameters
Formatting Reports that Function and Sizzle
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course explains how to format your report using various tools in Crystal Reports XI.
- Positioning and Sizing Objects
- The Format Editor
- Modifying Object Properties
- Combining and Layering Objects
- Linking Reports
- Creating ToolTips
- Lines, Boxes, and Watermarks
Making Reports Sections Work for You
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course examines the modifiable properties of report sections along with ways to apply them in professionally styled reports.
- The Section Expert
- Section Color Properties
- Section Common Properties
- Using Multiple Report Sections
Visualizing Your Report Data with Charts and Maps
This Crystal Reports 11 online training course teaches you various charting and mapping techniques, including using the Chart and Map Experts, as well as manual chart and map formatting.
- Basic Charting Options
- Advanced Charting Options
- Basic Mapping Options
- Advanced Mapping Options
Crystal Reports XI
This series is for anyone who wants to learn more about Crystal Reports XI.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Full-page images allow learners to experience an application as if it were open on their computer.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Computer: 200MHz Pentium with 128MB Ram. 640 x 480 256-color video
- Operating System: Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP or Vista.
- Minimum Connection Speed: 28.8k.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher required.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Crystal Reports XI training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing computer training tutorials and online education. We have satisfied e-learning customers in over 45 countries and have been providing web based training for over 8 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Crystal Reports XI Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Crystal Reports XI training courses listed above plus over 749 hours related training courses