GroupWise 6.5 Training
This online training series introduces the learner to the capabilities of Novell GroupWise 6.5. GroupWise is a collaboration tool that helps manage email communications, calendars, tasks, and documents within a group of people.
This GroupWise 6.5 online training series provides 26 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . GroupWise 6.5: Getting Started
2 . GroupWise 6.5: Messages and the Address Book
3 . GroupWise 6.5: Managing Messages
4 . GroupWise 6.5: Calendars and Tasks
5 . GroupWise 6.5: Advanced GroupWise Features
6 . GroupWise 6.5: Managing Documents
7 . GroupWise 6.5: Remote Access and Customizing GroupWise
8 . GroupWise 6.5: Mobile GroupWise Access
GroupWise 6.5: Getting Started
This course provides an overview of GroupWise functionality and how to navigate through the main GroupWise interface. This course also discusses the features and enhancements that are new to GroupWise 6.5.
- Introducing GroupWise 6.5
- Using the GroupWise interface
- Navigating in GroupWise
- GroupWise features
- GroupWise functions
GroupWise 6.5: Messages and the Address Book
This course provides information on sending messages, receiving messages, and using the Address Book in GroupWise 6.5.
- Messaging fundamentals
- Sending messages
- Reading messages
- Using attachments
- Replying to messages
- The GroupWise Address Book
- Using the Address Book
- Creating personal address books
- Searching for addresses
- Sharing address books
- Using the Address Selector
GroupWise 6.5: Managing Messages
This course explains how to organize, manage, and locate the many different types of messages you can send and receive with GroupWise.
- Organizing Messages
- Using Folders
- Working with Messages in Folders
- Finding Messages
- Filtering Messages
- Archiving Messages
- Saving and Printing Messages
- Using the Checklist and Categories
- Managing Outgoing Messages
- Dealing with the Trash
GroupWise 6.5: Calendars and Tasks
This course shows learners how to use GroupWise 6.5 to replace an old-fashioned calendar or daily planner. It explains how to manage personal calendar items, such as appointments and tasks, and how to use the GroupWise 6.5 workgroup and collaboration features, including group calendaring and task management.
- Understanding the calendar interface
- Changing dates and views
- Posting appointments and tasks
- Setting reminders and making changes
- Scheduling meetings
- Sending tasks and reminders
- Monitoring the calendar
- Acting on calendar items
- Creating recurring calendar items
- Developing multi-user calendars
- Printing Calendars
GroupWise 6.5: Advanced GroupWise Features
This course provides an overview of the advanced features included in GroupWise 6.5. After taking this course, the learner will be able to better manage messages through GroupWise rules. The learner will also become familiar with proxy rights, data importing, and mailbox management techniques.
- Developing rules
- Defining proxy rights
- Specifying send options
- Creating discussions
- Setting up Internet mail accounts
- Importing data
- Working with IMAP folders
- Using NNTP folders and newsgroups
- Handling junk mail
- Managing mailboxes
GroupWise 6.5: Managing Documents
This course provides the basics of GroupWise document management and GroupWise libraries, including accessing GroupWise libraries, importing documents, working with documents in a GroupWise library, setting security options on documents, and deleting documents.
- Understanding document libraries
- Importing documents into libraries
- Establishing custom imports
- Creating new documents
- Checking documents in and out
- Copying and deleting documents
- Setting document properties
- Locating documents with find
- Sharing documents
- Using the find results folder
- Performing mass document operations
GroupWise 6.5: Remote Access and Customizing GroupWise
After taking this course, the learner will be able to configure GroupWise Remote Mode to transfer information between a laptop computer and a network, as well as customize the GroupWise environment.
- Configuring GroupWise remote
- Establishing network connections
- Using Remote Mode
- Remote Mode features
- Defining environment options
- Changing Send options
- Setting up security options
- Modifying Date Time options
- Customizing the toolbar and folders
GroupWise 6.5: Mobile GroupWise Access
After taking this course, the learner will be familiar with the steps to take in order to access a GroupWise account through WebAccess from a Web browser. The course also explains how to manage a GroupWise Mailbox through a handheld device.
- Exploring GroupWise WebAccess
- Sending messages with WebAccess
- Working with other WebAccess features
- Using GroupWise with wireless devices
This online training series is for anyone who wants to learn how to use GroupWise 6.5 as an email program, collaboration tool, contact manager, daily planner, and document interface.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the GroupWise 6.5 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
GroupWise 6.5 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the GroupWise 6.5 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses