Lotus Notes R5 Training
This online training series provides a comprehensive overview of Lotus Notes R5. It introduces basic concepts such as navigation, views, databases, and security. Use of mail with Lotus Notes R5 is covered in detail, along with using the calendar and Address Books. This online training series also discusses using Lotus Notes to surf the Web, editing, formatting, and managing documents, and linking and attaching files to Notes documents. Advanced topics include finding and viewing data, replication, and using Notes remotely.
This Lotus Notes R5 online training series provides 43 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Around in Notes
2 . Reading and Sending Mail
3 . Managing Mail
4 . Using the Calendar
5 . Meetings and Address Books
6 . Browsing the Web
7 . Editing Documents
8 . Using Document Tables
9 . File Attachments and Links
10 . Finding and Viewing Data
11 . Replication
12 . Using Notes Remotely
Getting Around in Notes
This course introduces users to running Lotus Notes, logging in, and getting around the Notes windows.
- Starting Notes
- Introduction to the Notes Program
- Views and the Notes Windows
- Using Databases
- Notes Security and Exiting
Reading and Sending Mail
This course explains how to exchange electronic mail memos in Lotus Notes.
- Viewing Pending Mail
- Reading Mail
- Creating Mail Memos
- Addressing Mail
- Typing and Sending Mail
This course shows how to use Lotus Notes to manage waiting messages and sort incoming messages.
- Tips for Using Mail
- Managing the Inbox
- Stationery and Link Messages
- Inbox Rules and Out of Office Notices
- Mail Preferences
- Managing the Mail File
Using the Calendar
This course shows how to manage the Lotus Notes calendar for Appointments, Reminders, and other events. Users also learn how to create and manage a list of To Do items and assign To Do tasks to co-workers.
- Looking at the Calendar
- Setting Appointments and Reminders
- Editing and Managing Entries
- Managing Tasks
- Calendar Printing and Options
Meetings and Address Books
This course shows how to manage meetings and use the address book in Lotus Notes.
- Creating and Answering Meeting Invitations
- Managing Meeting Plans
- Using with Address Books
- Managing Contacts
- Creating Categories and Groups
Browsing the Web
This course provides an introduction to using Lotus Notes to surf the World Wide Web.
- Setting Up Notes for Web Browsing
- Surfing the Web
- Managing Web Page Retrieval
- Customizing the Welcome Page
- Mailing Pages and Managing Storage
This course explains how to edit, format, and manage text in Notes documents.
- Document Properties and Fields
- Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Marking and Finding Text
- Creating Links and Sections
- Using Document Styles
- Printing Documents
Using Document Tables
This course shows how to create and enter data in tables within Notes documents.
- Creating Tables
- Changing Table Size and Dimensions
- Changing Table Layout
- Giving Colors and Borders to Tables
File Attachments and Links
This course explains how to link or attach files to Notes documents.
- Adding Attachments
- Receiving Attachments
- Importing and Exporting Files
- Linking to External Data
- Embedding Objects
Finding and Viewing Data
This course shows how to search databases and how to create and manage folders, views, and agents.
- Indexing and Searching Databases
- Advanced Searching
- Creating Views
- Creating Folders and Agents
This course explains how to manage database replication in Notes.
- Understanding Replication
- Replicating Databases
- Using the Replicator Page
Using Notes Remotely
This course shows how to use Lotus Notes from a location away from a direct connection to the Notes servers.
- Preparing to Go On the Road
- Managing Location Documents
- Setting Up Notes to Connect Remotely
- Connecting to an Internet Server
- Using a Remote Connection
Lotus Notes R5
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Lotus Notes.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Lotus Notes R5 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Lotus Notes R5 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Lotus Notes R5 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses