Access 2003 Training
The Access 2003 series of courses starts off with an overview of both database concepts in general and Access in particular. Learners then find out how to design, build, and use Access tables. Further topics include using queries, find, filter, and sort to unearth answers from data. Learners finally move on to the Access report system and delve into wizards, timesaving tips, and even a bit of programming.
This Access 2003 online training series provides 22 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introduction to Access
2 . Designing and Building Tables
3 . Enhanced Tables and Datasheets
4 . Searches and Queries
5 . Advanced Queries and Calculations
6 . Access Report System
7 . The Internet, Forms, and the Analyzer
Introduction to Access
This course provides an overview of the Access 2003 Interface, toolbars and menus. It also covers how to open, close, save, backup, and request help.
- Opening an existing database
- Using the database window
- Modifying and reporting results
- Saving, closing and backing up the database
- Understanding the interface
- Using the toolbar and menus
- Accessing help
Designing and Building Tables
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to design and build tables and an index. It also covers working with fields, primary keys, and records.
- Understanding database terminology
- Working with fields
- Differentiating flat files and relational databases
- Building a database
- Creating tables
- Organizing with a primary key
- Building table relationships
- Creating an index
- Opening databases and tables
- Adding, modifying, and deleting records
Enhanced Tables and Datasheets
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to format tables and use masks and validations. It also covers working with columns and rows, changing fonts, using table fields and field names.
- Formatting tables
- Using input masks
- Creating validations
- Navigating the datasheet
- Modifying columns and rows
- Organizing columns and rows
- Changing fonts and the look of the datasheet
- Adding and removing table fields
- Changing field names
Searches and Queries
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to build simple, select and multiple-table queries using wizards or by hand. It also covers filtering records.
- Using the find command
- Sorting the database
- Filtering records
- Defining queries
- Building a simple query
- Using the select query
- Using the simple query wizard
- Setting up multiple-table queries
- Using the wizard for multiple-table queries
- Building a multiple-table query by hand
Advanced Queries and Calculations
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to construct calculations and use Boolean operators (AND/OR) to build advanced queries. It also covers how to use the Total Row and Expression Builder, and to modify data.
- Using the AND operator
- Using the OR operator
- Defining the total row
- Using total row options
- Developing simple calculations
- Performing complex calculations
- Using the expression builder
- Replacing data
- Deleting data
- Updating data
Access Report System
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to view, organize, and customize reports. It also covers the use of AutoReport, and the Label, Chart, and Report wizards.
- Using AutoReport
- Viewing the report in print preview mode
- Customizing the report with page layout
- Printing labels with the label wizard
- Adding charts with the chart wizard
- Using the report wizard
- Moving to design view
- Working with the formatting toolbar
- Viewing and modifying the report
- Organizing reports with headers and footers
- Grouping records
- Fine-tuning the report layout
- Controlling headers and footers
The Internet, Forms, and the Analyzer
This course shows learners how to use Access 2003 to build hyperlinks and publish data to the Web. It also covers building forms, importing and exporting data, and using database analysis tools.
- Building hyperlinks
- Publishing data on the internet
- Defining forms
- Building forms using the form wizard
- Building forms using the AutoForm wizard
- Enhancing forms
- Importing and exporting data
- Using the table analyzer
- Ten tips for maximizing a database
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Access 2003.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Access 2003 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Access 2003 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Access 2003 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses