SharePoint 2003 Training
This online training series provides learners with the information they need to use SharePoint 2003 to help their organization manage their documents and files, as well as to enable their users to collaborate with one another. In addition to teaching the every-day user how to manage documents, lists, and tasks, it also teaches the Site Administrator how to set up and manage SharePoint sites and libraries.
This SharePoint 2003 online training series provides 16 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . SharePoint Basics
2 . Standard Libraries and Lists
3 . Advanced SharePoint Features
4 . Site Administration Basics
5 . Advanced Administration Functions
This course provides an introduction to the features of Microsoft SharePoint 2003. It provides learners with the information they need to effectively access and navigate a SharePoint 2003 site.
- SharePoint Services versus SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Basic features of a SharePoint site
- SharePoint uses
- Internet Explorer Fundamentals
- My Network Places
- Sites and subsites
- Web Parts
Standard Libraries and Lists
This course provides learners with an overview of the Document Library and Picture Library. It also details management of the links, contacts, events, tasks, and issues lists in SharePoint 2003.
- The document library
- Working with documents in the library
- The picture library
- Using the picture library
- Picture library tools
- The links and contacts lists
- The events list
- The tasks list
- Sorting and viewing tasks
- The issues lists
Advanced SharePoint Features
This course shows learners how to customize standard library and document library lists, and how to use Office 2003 products with SharePoint. After taking this course, learners will be able to work with the more advanced features of SharePoint 2003, and to customize SharePoint to meet their specific needs.
- Introduction to metadata
- Types of metadata
- The datasheet view
- The explorer view
- Modifying views
- Creating new views
- Document versioning
- Using Word with SharePoint
- The Shared Workspace task pane
- Using Excel with SharePoint
- Exporting and saving your Excel work
Site Administration Basics
This course provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of a SharePoint Site Administrator. It explains the options for managing SharePoint site, libraries and list security and how to customize a SharePoint page, including how to change views on a page, how to configure Quick Launch settings, and how to add and customize Web Parts.
- Introduction to site administration
- Site administrator tasks
- Site groups
- Creating a custom site group
- Setting inheritance and security
- Managing anonymous access to a site
- Exploring and configuring a SharePoint site
- Changing views on a SharePoint page
- Configuring Quick Launch settings
- Adding and importing Web Parts
- Modifying and customizing Web Parts
Advanced Administration Functions
This course shows learners how to create document libraries and lists and how to import spreadsheets in SharePoint 2003. It covers the processes and best practice recommendations for creating and using Basic and Web Part Pages, HTML and XML forms, and default and customized templates.These advanced administration functions will allow learners to use SharePoint to meet specific needs of their organizations.
- Creating document libraries
- Modifying document library metadata
- Creating standard lists
- Creating and modifying custom lists
- Creating custom lists using Datasheet view
- Importing spreadsheets into a list
- Creating Basic Pages
- Creating Web Part Pages
- Creating HTML Form Web Parts
- Creating XML forms in InfoPath
- Filling out forms in a SharePoint XML forms library
- Creating Sites and Workspaces
- Understanding default site templates
- Creating and using customized site templates
This online training series is for anyone who would like to learn to manage documents, lists, and tasks, or to set up and manage SharePoint sites and libraries using Microsoft SharePoint 2003.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the SharePoint 2003 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
SharePoint 2003 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the SharePoint 2003 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses