Computing Concepts Training
This online training series examines several basic computing concepts. Security issues are discussed, including administrative, physical, logical, and network security, and how to plan for security risks. The basic concepts of database functionality and selection are also discussed. Data processing and management is examined in detail, including teleprocessing, data transmission, and messages.
This Computing Concepts online training series provides 23 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Types of Security
2 . Security Risks
3 . Database Basics
4 . Selecting Databases
5 . Data Processing
6 . Managing Data
7 . Teleprocessing
8 . Transmitting Data
9 . Messages
Types of Security
This course provides an advanced look at computer security features.
- Choices in Security
- Administrative Security
- Physical Security
- Environmental Threats
- Logical Security
- Network Security
- Microcomputer Security
This course explains contingency planning and precautions against computer crime using the framework of administrative, physical and logical security.
- Contingency Planning
- Planning Example
- Computer Crimes
- The Effect of Computer Laws
- EDP Auditing
This course provides an introduction to the basics of databases.
- Data Management Systems
- Paper-Based File System
- File-Oriented Computer System
- Database Models
- The Hierarchical Model
- The Network Model
- The Relational Model
This course introduces the principles of database management systems (DBMSs).
- Evalutating the Three Models
- Evaluating The Hierarchical Model
- Evaluating The Network Model
- Evaluating The Relational Model
- Evaluation Summary
- Selecting The Appropriate Model
This course provides an introduction to the concepts related to data processing.
- The Computer System
- Data Structures
- Datasets and Files
- Writing Programs
This course provides an overview of managing data.
- JCL Overview
- JCL Statements
- Job Processing
This course provides an overview of various computing concepts related to teleprocessing.
- Teleprocessing Systems
- Communications Systems
- Data Communications Systems
This course covers the functions performed by a teleprocessing network.
- The Teleprocessing Network
- Assembling Data
- Editing Software
- Information Flow
This course explains the fourth element of telecommunications, the message.
- Coding Systems
- Data Transmission Structures
- Message Protocols
- Using the INW
- Communications History
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning about computer security.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Computing Concepts training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Computing Concepts Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Computing Concepts training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses