Lotus Notes 8.5 Training
Almost every user knows that Lotus Notes allows them to send and receive e-mail. But Lotus Notes also offers many more services, including calendar management, instant messages, a browser, and more. Learn how to use and make the most of all of these features with this series.
This Lotus Notes 8.5 online training series provides 8 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Exploring Lotus Notes 8.5
2 . Sending and Receiving E-Mail
3 . Scheduling Appointments and Meetings
4 . Defining Contacts and To Do Items
5 . Using the Productivity Tools and Web Browser
Exploring Lotus Notes 8.5
This course describes how to access the main features of Lotus Notes 8.5.
- Working from the home page
- Principal Lotus Notes features
- Quick notes and the sidebar
- Searches, filters, and help
Sending and Receiving E-Mail
This course describes the navigation of the IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 Mail application and its enhancements. It also reviews using the features of the Mail application.
- Understanding the inbox
- Using inbox features
- Sending e-mail messages
- Using new message features
- Other e-mail features
- Using sametime instant messaging
Scheduling Appointments and Meetings
This course describes the new features and look of the Lotus Notes 8.5 Calendar.
- Understanding the Calendar
- Adding appointments
- Scheduling meetings
- Using Calendar options
Defining Contacts and To Do Items
This course describes the Contacts and To Do applications in Lotus Notes 8.5.
- Working with Contacts
- Setting Contacts options
- Creating To Do items
Using the Productivity Tools and Web Browser
This course describes four productivity tools you can use within Lotus Notes - a word processor, a presentation program, a spreadsheet program, and a Web browser.
- The Lotus Productivity Tools
- Lotus Documents
- Lotus Presentations
- Lotus Spreadsheets
- The Lotus Notes Web browser
Lotus Notes 8.5
This online training series is for anyone who wants to learn the most commonly used features of IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Decision Point activities allow learners to work toward an outcome in an interactive environment.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Full-page images allow learners to experience an application as if it were open on their computer.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Lotus Notes 8.5 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Lotus Notes 8.5 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Lotus Notes 8.5 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses