Lotus Notes 6.5 Training
This online training series focuses on the major components of Lotus Notes 6.5. It introduces basic concepts such as navigation, views, databases, and security. Use of mail with Lotus Notes 6.5 is covered in detail, along with using the calendar, to do lists, and address books. This online training series also discusses editing, formatting, and managing Notes documents, and linking and attaching files to documents. Advanced topics include using Lotus Notes 6.5 with the Web, replication, and using Notes remotely.
This Lotus Notes 6.5 online training series provides 20 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Mail
2 . Calendar, To Do Lists, and Address Books
3 . Databases
4 . Managing and Enhancing Documents
5 . Advanced Notes Features
This course teaches the learner how to use the mail features in Lotus Notes. The learner will be shown how to move around in Notes, and how to change and lock passwords. The course also teaches the learner how to open and close the mailbox and read, send, reply to, and forward e-mail messages. The course also covers the organizational features of Notes, including sorting messages, deleting messages, using folders, and printing mail. Finally, the learner will be shown how to choose letterhead, create stationery, use bookmarks, and create an Out of Office Message.
- Getting started
- Opening tasks and databases
- Using toolbars
- Changing passwords and locking IDs
- Opening and using mail
- Selecting and reading mail
- Creating mail
- Using spell check
- Sending mail
- Replying to mail
- Sorting and deleting mail
- Using folders
- Printing mail
- Choosing letterhead and creating stationery
- Working with mail rules
- Using Out of Office notices
- Creating phone messages
Calendar, To Do Lists, and Address Books
This course teaches learners how to use the Calendar, To Do, and Addressing features of Lotus Notes 6.5. Learners will be shown how to select, open, schedule, and edit a variety of Calendar entries. The course also covers how to work with personal To Do lists. Finally, the course will teach the learner about Address Books in Lotus Notes and how to create contacts and Group Calendars.
- Understanding Calendar views and entries
- Creating a Calendar entry
- Customizing Calendar entries
- Printing and modifying the Calendar
- Scheduling meetings
- Managing meetings
- Meeting invitations and Group Calendars
- Creating To Do items
- Working with To Do items
- Using Address Books
- Creating contacts and mailing lists
- Customizing and printing the Address Book
This course provides an overview of Lotus Notes databases. It shows the learner how to open databases and use views. The learner will also be taught how to access the About and Using this Database documents. Finally, the learner will be introduced to the indexing and search features of Lotus Notes.
- Database types and documents
- Working with views
- Reading the Status Bar
- Adding databases to bookmarks and deleting databases
- Indexing a database
- Searching a database
- Refining searches with operators
- Displaying and saving search results
- Performing a domain search
Managing and Enhancing Documents
This course shows learners how to refresh views, edit documents, and view unread documents in Lotus Notes. The course teaches learners how to find and replace text in a document and in a database. The learner will also be shown how to select, move, and copy text; how to format text and paragraphs; how to set page breaks; and how to use the permanent pen. Finally, the course will teach the learner how to create document, database, and view links, as well as how to create, manage, detach, and launch file attachments.
- Managing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Searching for text
- Editing text and fields
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Creating links
- Creating pop-ups
- Inserting tables
- Creating sections
- Creating Link Messages
- Creating attachments
- Working with attachments
Advanced Notes Features
This course shows learners how to set a variety of preferences, including mail, calendar, access, delegation, user, and toolbar options. It also explains how to set browser preferences and use Notes to browse the Web. Finally, the course teaches the learner about replication, how to create a new Mail replica, and how to work with Notes when out of the office.
- Setting mail preferences
- Setting calendar preferences
- Setting access and delegation preferences
- Using the Notes Minder
- Setting user preferences
- Setting toolbar preferences
- Customizing the Welcome Page
- Setting browser preferences in Notes
- Using Notes with Web pages
- Performing Web page cleanup
- Understanding replication
- Setting replication preferences
- Creating a new mail replica
- Using the replicator page
- Understanding Notes mobile users
- Setting up remote access
- Using Notes remotely
Lotus Notes 6.5
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Lotus Notes 6.5.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Lotus Notes 6.5 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Lotus Notes 6.5 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Lotus Notes 6.5 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses