Word 2003 Training
This online training series is designed for beginning and intermediate Word users. This online training series teaches users about creating and editing documents, what's new in the 2003 version, the Word interface, navigating, editing, and working with text, spell checking, printing, formatting, styles, templates, borders, tables, columns, lists, and using images in a document.
This Word 2003 online training series provides 32 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introduction to Word
2 . Navigating, Editing, and Working with Text Blocks
3 . Spell Checking, Print Preparation, and Other Tips
4 . Formatting Characters, Fonts, Text, and Paragraphs
5 . Formatting Tabs, Pages, and Documents
6 . Styles, Templates, and Formatting Tips
7 . Borders, Tables, and Columns
8 . Lists, Images, and Art
9 . Creating Projects with Word
Introduction to Word
This course provides an overview of the Word 2003 interface and new product features.
- Getting ready
- Starting Word
- Reading the Word screen
- Getting help from Word
- Using the keyboard
- Quitting Word
- Starting a new document
- Typing Tips
- Formatting and saving
- Printing and closing
Navigating, Editing, and Working with Text Blocks
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to insert, delete, find and replace text. It also covers how to use the Undo and Redo commands and how to copy, move and paste text.
- Moving around your document
- Using the Go To command
- Bookmarking and scrolling
- Inserting and deleting text
- Undoing and redoing
- Finding text
- Variations of the Find command
- Finding special characters and formatting
- Using the Replace command
- Marking blocks of text
- Using the F8 key
- Selection and deselection techniques
- Copying, moving, and pasting
- Copying and moving with the mouse
- Using the Clipboard
Spell Checking, Print Preparation, and Other Tips
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to check and correct the spelling and grammar of a document. It also covers how to save and prepare to print a Word 2003 document.
- Spell checking
- Using AutoCorrect
- Using AutoText
- Checking grammar and counting words
- Saving to disk
- Opening documents
- Preparing to print
- Tips and tricks
Formatting Characters, Fonts, Text, and Paragraphs
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to choose a font, set text size and format paragraphs and characters.
- Formatting Text
- Setting text size
- Using the Font dialog box
- Justifying paragraphs
- Making room in your paragraphs
- Changing indentation
- Using the ruler
Formatting Tabs, Pages, and Documents
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to set and use tabs, set page and paper size, and create headers and footers. It also covers page orientation and margin information.
- All about tabs
- Setting tabs
- Using the tabs dialog box
- Setting page and paper size
- Page orientation and margin information
- Numbering your pages
- Adding and deleting pages
- All about sections
- Headers and footers
Styles, Templates, and Formatting Tips
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to create, define and modify styles. It also covers how to create, use and modify templates.
- Defining and finding styles
- Creating styles
- Modifying styles
- Applying and managing styles
- Using templates
- Creating and modifying templates
- Attaching templates
- Updating fields and coloring text
- Page centering and splashing
- Using AutoFormat
- Using a wizard
Borders, Tables, and Columns
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to insert tables and borders into a document. It also covers how to modify tables and covert text to tables.
- Shading and using white-on-black
- Inserting a table
- Modifying tables
- Converting text using tables
- Understanding columns
Lists, Images, and Art
This course shows users how to use Word 2003 to add bullets and numbered lists to a document. It also covers how to insert or create images and art for a document.
- Adding bullets, numbers, and a TOC
- Building an index and using footnotes and endnotes
- Finding and inserting pictures
- Manipulating images
- Inserting a document and using AutoShapes
- Using WordArt and the Drawing toolbar
Creating Projects with Word
This course shows Word 2003 users how to create different types of projects including: letters, envelopes, greeting cards, and labels.
- Writing a letter
- Printing envelopes
- Envelopes as documents
- Planning a three-part brochure
- Drop caps and floating boxes
- Greeting cards
- Printing identical labels
- Printing identical labels with graphics
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Word 2003.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Word 2003 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Word 2003 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Word 2003 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses