Crystal Reports 8 Training
This online training series introduces users to Crystal Reports 8, a popular database reporting program. In this series, you will learn how to create standard and custom reports. You will also learn how to filter, summarize, sort, group, and manipulate data by inserting formulas and functions.
This Crystal Reports 8 online training series provides 28 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Started
2 . Designing a Report
3 . Selecting Records
4 . Sorting and Grouping Data
5 . Creating Summary Totals, Reports, and Graphs
6 . Formulas and Functions
7 . Printing and Exporting Reports
8 . Linking Tables
This course shows users how to create and save a standard report in Crystal Reports 8.
- Creating a Standard Report
- Preview and Design Modes
- Working with Fields
- Saving and Closing Reports
Designing a Report
This course shows users how to create a custom report in Crystal Reports 8 and customize it by inserting special fields and changing object properties.
- Inserting Fields
- Inserting and Using Special Fields
- Using Guidelines
- Changing Text Object Properties
- Changing Date Object Properties
This course shows the user how to filter data in Crystal Reports 8 using compound filters, date searches and wildcards.
- Setting Up a Selection Formula
- Using Compound Filters
- Selecting Dates
- Using the OR Connector and Wildcards
Sorting and Grouping Data
This course shows users how to sort and group data in Crystal Reports 8.
- Sorting Data
- Grouping Data
- Modifying a Group
- Managing Groups
Creating Summary Totals, Reports, and Graphs
This course shows users how to summarize data using totals, reports, and graphs in Crystal Reports 8.
- Creating Grand Totals
- Creating Summary Totals
- Creating Summary Reports
- Producing Summary Graphs
- Editing and Formatting Summary Graphs
Formulas and Functions
This course shows users how to insert and use formulas and functions in Crystal Reports 8.
- Inserting Formula Fields
- Using Conditional Formatting and Selection Formulas
- Using Functions
- Using IF Statements
- Nested and Conditional IF Statements
Printing and Exporting Reports
This course shows users how to print reports from Crystal Reports 8 and how to export report data to Microsoft Excel and Word formats.
- Printing a Report
- Exporting to Word
- Exporting to Excel
- Creating a Report from a Spreadsheet
This course shows users how to use Crystal Reports 8 to link data tables together and create mailing labels.
- Using Tables
- Accessing Data Directly
- Using the Visual Linking Expert
- Creating Mailing Labels
Crystal Reports 8
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get started using Crystal Reports 8.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Crystal Reports 8 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Crystal Reports 8 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Crystal Reports 8 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses