Microsoft Project 2003 Training Training
The Project 2003 series is designed to help learners with the basics of Microsoft Office Project 2003. This online training series explains how to set up a project; manage project files; create a task list; schedule tasks; view a schedule; define and assign resources and costs; track a project; and analyze progress and revise a schedule.
This Microsoft Project 2003 Training online training series provides 30 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Learning the Basics Course
2 . Setting Up a Project Training Course
3 . Managing Project Files
4 . Creating a Task List
5 . Scheduling Tasks
6 . Viewing a Schedule
7 . Defining Resources and Costs
8 . Assigning Resources and Costs
9 . Tracking a Project
10 . Analyzing Progress and Revising the Schedule
Learning the Basics Course
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to start and exit a project. It explores the menus, toolbars, and different views. In addition, it describes how to navigate in Project and how to use learning aids.
- Starting and exiting project
- Exploring the Project Window
- Exploring menus and toolbars
- Using learning aids
- Using the Gantt chart view
- Changing views
- Navigating in Project
Setting Up a Project Training Course
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to set up a Project and it explores the different options available in Project 2003. In addition, this course explains how to create and edit a calendar in Project.
- Supplying information for a project
- Using the project information dialog box
- Using the Properties dialog box
- Selecting the Environment options
- Setting Calendar Tab options
- Setting other useful options
- Scheduling with a Calendar
- Editing calendars
- Creating a new calendar Using wizards
- Working with calendars
Managing Project Files
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to save and protect files. This course also explores how to copy, delete, and rename objects. In addition, it details how to create and use templates.
- Saving files
- Protecting files
- Protecting files
- Creating and using templates
- Modifying templates
- Copying objects
- Renaming objects
- Deleting objects
Creating a Task List
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to create and edit a task list and how to define milestones and use recurring tasks. In addition, this course details how to attach notes and hyperlinks to tasks.
- Entering tasks in a Gantt Chart
- Entering task names
- Editing the Task List
- Entering the task duration
- Defining milestones
- Using recurring tasks
- Attaching notes to tasks
- Attaching hyperlinks to tasks
- Using other views to create tasks
- Outlining the task list
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to schedule tasks, create links, and work with task constraints and deadlines. In addition, it details how to create task calendars.
- Working with task calendars Splitting tasks
- Understanding dependency links Linking summary tasks
- Creating links
- Allowing for Delays and Overlaps
- Removing dependency links
- Working with task constraints
- Entering task constraints
- Honoring links or constraints
- Working with the planning wizard
- Entering deadline dates
Viewing a Schedule
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to work with the different views in Project. It details how to alter task displays and how to change time and date formats. In addition, the course explores how to locate and insert tasks.
- Working with the Gantt Chart view
- Altering the task display
- Changing the date format
- Components of a timescale
- Altering the timescale display
- Using the Drawing toolbar
- Working with drawing objects
- Working with text
- Working with the Calendar view
- Locating tasks
- Inserting tasks
Defining Resources and Costs
This Microsoft Project online training course explores different resources and costs, along with how to set resource and cost fields in Project. In addition, this course explains how to sort, group, and filter resources.
- Understanding resources and costs
- Defining resources
- Defining costs
- Defining the resource pool
- Using the Resource Sheet view
- Using dialog boxes to set options
- Using the Task Form view
- Using the Resource fields
- Using the Resource Availability fields
- Using the Resource Cost fields
Assigning Resources and Costs
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to assign resources and costs.
- Selecting Task Settings
- Choosing a Task's Effort Driven Status
- Assigning Resources to Tasks
- Filtering the Resource List
- Graphing Resource Availability
- Assigning Resource Units
- Scheduling Resources
- Removing and Modifying Resources
- Assigning Resources with the Task Entry View
- Adding Delays
- Assigning Overtime Work
- Using the Task Usage View
- Using the Assignment Information Dialog Box
- Using the Task Information Dialog Box
- Assigning Resources with the Task Table
- Assigning Fixed Costs and Fixed Contract Fees
Tracking a Project
This Microsoft Project online training course explains how to track projects, how to work with project baselines, and how to track performance and costs.
- Tracking Overview
- Working with Project Baselines
- Tracking a Project's Performance and Costs
- Entering Tracking at the Task Level
- Entering Tracking at the Assignment Level
- Understanding the Calculation Options
- Choosing a Tracking Method
- Using Projects Facilities for Updating Tasks
- Using Different Views
- Using Different Forms
Analyzing Progress and Revising the Schedule
This course explains the analysis process and how to revise the schedule. It also explores how to review the current status of the project at the project, task, resource, and assignment levels.
- Project Management Overview
- Reviewing the Current Status of a Project
- Reviewing Status at the Project Level
- Reviewing Status at the Task Level
- Reviewing Status at the Resource Level
- Reviewing Status at the Assignment Level
- Analyzing Performance
- Using Earned Value Analysis
- Revising the Schedule
Microsoft Project 2003 Training
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Microsoft Office Project 2003.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Microsoft Project 2003 Training training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Microsoft Project 2003 Training Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Desktop Computing Package which includes all of the Microsoft Project 2003 Training training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses