IIS 6 Training
This series will provide you with the basic knowledge needed to administer IIS 6.
This IIS 6 online training series provides 37 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Architecture and Features
2 . Installation
3 . Administration
4 . Remote Administration
5 . Creating and Configuring Web Sites
6 . Creating and Configuring Applications and FTP Sites
7 . Security
8 . Working from the Command Line
9 . Performance Tuning and Monitoring
10 . Maintenance and Troubleshooting
11 . Working with the Metabase
12 . SMTP and NNTP
13 . Publishing
Architecture and Features
This course provides an overview of the history of the IIS architecture. It also describes the new features of IIS 6.
- The Evolution of IIS Architecture
- Features of IIS 6
- Kernel Mode and Administration Core Components
- Worker Process and Application Pool Components
- IIS 6 Application Modes
- Additional IIS 6 Features
This course explains the importance of understanding how you plan to use IIS 6. It also covers the variety of ways IIS 6 can be installed on your computer.
- Planning for IIS 6
- Installing IIS 6 from the Product CD
- Other Installation Methods
This course provides an overview of the tools used to administer IIS 6 and other aspects of Windows Server 2003.
- Administration methods
- IIS Manager
- Basic administration tasks
- Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack
This course provides you with the tools you need to enable your Web server to allow secure, remote connections and to enable you to administer your server from anywhere.
- Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Desktop Connection
- Remote Desktops Console and other clients
- Remote Desktop Web Connection
- Remote Administration (HTML)
Creating and Configuring Web Sites
This course explains how to create and configure Web sites on IIS 6 machines, and how to use virtual directories to host Web site content.
- Configuring the Default Web Site
- Locating Contents
- Advanced Web Site Configuration
- Creating Web Sites
Creating and Configuring Applications and FTP Sites
This course explains how to create and configure applications and FTP sites on IIS 6 machines.
- Types of IIS Applications
- Preparing IIS for Hosting Applications
- Working with ASP.NET
- Creating and Configuring ASP.NET
- Working with ASP, ISAPI, and CGI
- Installing and Configuring the Default FTP Site
- Advanced Configuration of FTP Sites
This course provides information about IIS security topics, focusing on the security of Web sites that host both static and dynamic content.
- IP Address and Domain Name Restriction
- Application Security
- Using SSL to Secure IIS
- Additional Steps for Securing IIS
Working from the Command Line
This course provides an overview of administering IIS 6 from the command line.
- Methods for command line administration
- Running remote commands
- Using IISReset
- Managing Web sites
- Managing virtual directories
- Managing FTP sites and virtual directories
Performance Tuning and Monitoring
This course provides information on the various settings you can tune to help IIS 6 and its application pools run more efficiently.
- Tuning IIS for Optimal Performance
- Tuning the Registry and Metabase
- Improving ASP Performance
- Monitoring IIS Performance
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This course provides details about how to identify several types of HTTP status codes, substatus codes, and error messages; enable and configure Web logging on your IIS 6 machine; and solve common problems that prevent user access to your Web sites.
- HTTP Error Messages
- Web Logging
- IIS and Event Logs
- Troubleshooting Tips
Working with the Metabase
IIS 6 holds configuration information in a set of XML files collectively called the metabase. The metabase retains all of your global IIS settings, and the settings for each individual Web site running on IIS. You can adjust IIS settings using the IIS Manager or by editing the metabase directly.
- Overview of the Metabase
- The Metabase Configuration File
- Managing the Metabase
- Editing the Metabase
SMTP and NNTP
This course provides information about using the NNTP and SMTP services provided with IIS 6.
- Installing the SMTP and NNTP Services
This course provides information about publishing and managing content using IIS 6.
- FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE)
- Content Management
This series is for anyone who wants to learn to administer IIS 6.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Full-page images allow learners to experience an application as if it were open on their computer.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the IIS 6 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing computer training tutorials and online education. We have satisfied e-learning customers in over 45 countries and have been providing web based training for over 8 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
IIS 6 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the IIS 6 training courses listed above plus over 749 hours related training courses