Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin Training
This online training series is designed to help users understand a comprehensive array of topics, including planning a security strategy, SQL Server 7.0 system requirements, planning for system migration and replication, and server installation. System configuration, management of security, accounts, permissions, and the database, and backup and restores are also covered. Additional topics covered include the management of a variety of tasks, including replication, server jobs, events, alerts, linked servers, and remote servers; monitoring events, system optimization, and tuning resource usage. Server repair and troubleshooting strategies are also discussed.
This Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin online training series provides 60 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Security Strategy
2 . System Requirements
3 . Migration Planning
4 . Replication Plans
5 . Installing the Server
6 . Other Installations
7 . Configuring
8 . Security Management
9 . Managing Accounts
10 . Managing Permissions
11 . Database Management
12 . Loading Databases
13 . Backups and Restores
14 . Managing Replication
15 . Management Tasks
16 . Monitoring Events
17 . Watching and Optimizing
18 . Server Repair
19 . More Troubleshooting
This course shows users how to plan the security policies for a SQL Server 7 installation.
- SQL Server Authentication Methods
- Using Windows NT Groups
- Planning the Use of SQL Server Roles
- Developing a Security Strategy
- Other Security Issues
This course shows users how to prepare for the hardware needs of a SQL Server 7.0 installation.
- Data File Placement and Space
- Capacity Planning
- Communication and Backup Strategies
- Data Availability
This course shows users how to migrate data from other sources into a SQL Server 7.0 installation.
- Planning an Upgrade
- Upgrade Method and Upgrade Wizard
- Migration Issues
- Migrating Data from Other Sources
- Using the Import Wizard
This course shows users how to develop a strategy for system replication.
- Choosing a Replication Model
- Additional Options
- Choosing a Replication Type
- Designing and Planning Replication
- Data Definition Considerations
Installing the Server
This course shows users how to go through the installation process for servers and clients.
- Installation Prerequisites
- Installing Components
- Choosing Database Options
- Installing Network Libraries and Protocols
- Installing Services and Clients
This course shows users how to perform unattended setups or upgrade from a previous version of SQL Server.
- Performing an Unattended Setup
- Preparing for a Version 6.x Upgrade
- Running the SQL Server Upgrade Wizard
- Completing the Upgrade
This course shows users how to configure SQL server and its services.
- Using the Register Server Wizard
- Configuring the Server
- Configuring SQL Mail and ANSI Settings
- Installing the Full-Text Search Service
- Configuring the Full-Text Search Service
This course shows users how to assign access and roles to server users and databases.
- Overview of SQL Server Security
- Security Modes
- Creating and Managing Logins
- Database User IDs and Roles
- Using the Create Login Wizard
This course shows users how to administer login IDs, Database IDs, and roles.
- Viewing ID Information
- Viewing Roles
- Managing Login IDs
- Managing Database IDs and Roles
- Server Roles and Management Procedures
This course shows users how to administer permissions and monitor server and database activity.
- Permission Management Tools
- Displaying Permissions Information
- Granting and Revoking Permissions
- Auditing Server and Database Activity
This course shows users how to create and maintain SQL server databases.
- Creating a Database
- Managing Database Size
- Database Options and Scripts
- Managing and Deleting Databases
This course shows users how to load data from other sources into SQL Server databases.
- The INSERT and SELECT INTO Statements
- Bulk Copying Data
- Importing and Exporting Data with DTS
- Managing DTS Packages
Backups and Restores
This course shows users how to back up and restore data on SQL Servers.
- Introduction to Backups
- Database Backups
- Differential Backups
- Transaction Log Backups
- Filegroup Backups
- Backing Up System Databases
This course shows users how to create and administer database replication.
- Using Replication
- Configuring Servers
- Creating Publications
- Subscribing to Publications
This course shows users how to manage a variety of administrative tasks, including server jobs, events, alerts, linked servers, and remote servers.
- Configuring the SQL Server Agent
- Implementing Jobs
- Multiserver Jobs
- Managing Server Events
- Linked Servers
This course shows users how to monitor and trace engine events.
- Introduction to Monitoring
- Understanding Trace Architecture
- Creating Traces with the Trace Wizard
- Creating Traces with Other Tools
- Managing Traces
- Analyzing Traces
Watching and Optimizing
This course shows users how to monitor and tune resource usage by SQL Server.
- Monitoring Disk I/O Performance
- Monitoring CPU and Memory Usage
- Other Monitoring Processes
- Optimizing Server Performance
This course shows users how to troubleshoot problems with installation upgrading and access to servers.
- Overview of Troubleshooting
- Solving Installation Problems
- Solving Upgrading Problems
- More About Upgrading Problems
- Troubleshooting Server Access Problems
- Troubleshooting SQL Server Permissions
This course shows users how to resolve problems with database management and linked server issues.
- Troubleshooting Backups and Restores
- Troubleshooting the SQL Server Agent
- Troubleshooting Jobs and Alerts
- Troubleshooting Replication
- Linked Server Issues and Recovery Planning
Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin
This online training series is for database administrators who want to learn how to administer SQL Server 7.0.
- Activities that allow users to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A file containing the text of the exercises.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Microsoft SQL Server 7 Admin training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses