Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293 Training
This online training series is designed to help learners prepare for and pass Microsoft's exam number 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure. The series teaches learners how to plan and implement server roles, server security, network infrastructure, routing, remote access, server availability, network security and security infrastructure. The series also teaches learners how to maintain the network infrastructure once it is in place.
This Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293 online training series provides 51 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Using Planning Tools and Documentation
2 . Server Roles and Security
3 . TCP/IP Infrastructure
4 . Routing
5 . Internet Connectivity
6 . DNS Name Resolution
7 . NetBIOS Name Resolution
8 . Remote Access
9 . High Availability
10 . Windows Cluster Services and Network Load Balancing
11 . Internet Protocol
12 . Security Framework
13 . Public Key Infrastructure
Using Planning Tools and Documentation
This course shows learners how to plan an infrastructure for a Windows Server 2003-based network.
- Network infrastructure planning
- Generating a group policy modeling report
- Analyzing organizational needs
- Communication and collaboration
- User services
- Legal considerations and TCO
- Developing a test network environment
- Building a test lab
- Implementing the test network
- Documenting the test process
Server Roles and Security
This course provides information on server roles and planning server security.
- Understanding server roles
- Domain controllers
- File, print, and name servers
- Web, database, and mail servers
- Certificate Authorities
- Application and terminal servers
- Operating system security features
- Operating system functional levels
- Identifiying minimum security requirements
- Security templates and tools
- Planning baseline installation parameters
- Enforcing default security settings
- Security issues for all servers
- Securing specific servers
- Creating custom security templates
- Deploying security configurations
This course gives an in-depth look at the protocols you can use with Windows Server 2003, especially the TCP/IP protocol suite. It shows how to subnet networks and how to use the utilities and tools included with Windows Server 2003.
- Network protocols
- Configuring TCP/IP manually
- TCP/IP basics
- New TCP/IP features
- Creating a subnetting scheme
- Understanding ANDing and binary numbering
- Subnetting networks
- Troubleshooting IP addressing
- Transitioning to IPv6
- IPv6 utilities
- Planning the network topology
- Planning network traffic management
This course provides information on planning and implementing routing on a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Routing basics
- Routing tables
- Static and dynamic routing and gateways
- Routing protocols
- Netsh commands
- Routing devices
- Switches and routers
- Configuring Windows Server as a router
- Configuring RIP and OSPF
- Router-to-router VPNs
- Packet filtering, firewalls and logging
- Troubleshooting IP routing
This course provides information that will help you develop the best strategy for connecting your company's Windows Server 2003 network to the Internet.
- Connecting to the Internet
- Internet Connection Sharing
- Internet-based VPNs
- Router-to-router VPNs
- VPN protocols and security
- Internet Authentication Service (IAS)
- Activating and managing IAS
- PPP-based protocols and EAP
- Authorization methods
- Installing the CMAK
- Using the CMAK
- Connection Manager profiles and security issues
DNS Name Resolution
This course provides information that will help learners plan, develop, secure, and maintain a host name resolution strategy with the Domain Name System (DNS).
- Host naming
- Lookup zones
- DNS namespace
- DNS and Active Directory
- Multiple namespaces
- Planning DNS server deployment
- DNS server roles
- Zone replication and forwarding
- DNS/DHCP interaction
- DNS and BIND
- Split DNS configurations
- DNS and WINS
- DNS security
- Monitoring DNS servers
- Troubleshooting host name resolution
NetBIOS Name Resolution
This course provides information on planning, implementing and maintaining NetBIOS name resolution on a Windows Server 2003 network.
- NetBIOS naming
- WINS server deployment
- WINS replication
- Replication models
- WINS issues
- WINS client configuration
- WINS server performance issues
- Security issues
- WINS database backup and restoration
- Troubleshooting NetBIOS name resolution
This course provides an overview of the issues and procedures involved in devising a remote access strategy.
- Planning a Remote Access strategy
- Enabling Remote Access
- VPN design considerations
- Wireless Remote Access Design considerations
- Domain Functional Level
- Selecting authentication methods
- Authorizing Remote Access by user
- Restricting Remote Access
- Controlling remote connections
- Configuring Remote Assistance
- Requesting Remote Assistance
- Establishing a Remote Assistance connection
- Offering Remote Assistance
- Planning for Remote Administration
This course provides guidelines that can help you ensure that network resources are available when users need them.
- Memory and processor bottlenecks
- Disk and network bottlenecks
- Using the System Monitor tool
- Using Event Viewer
- Planning a backup strategy
- Determining what to back up
- Using backup tools
- Scheduling backups
- Planning system recovery with ASR
- Planning for fault tolerance
Windows Cluster Services and Network Load Balancing
This course provides information on how to use two powerful tools to enhance fault tolerance and high availability: server clustering and Network Load Balancing.
- Server clustering
- Server cluster deployment options
- Server cluster administration
- Server clustering best practices
- Cluster network configuration
- Creating a new cluster
- Network load balancing (NLB)
- Managing NLB clusters
- NLB monitoring and best practices
- Creating a NLB cluster
This course provides guidelines for setting up IPSec on your Windows Server 2003 network.
- IPSecurity (IPSec)
- IPSec protocols
- IPSec components
- Deploying IPSec
- Managing IPSec
- IPSec policies
- IP Security Policy Wizard
- Modifying IPSec policies
- Applying policies
- Monitoring and troubleshooting IPSec
- Using Event Viewer and packet event logging
- Using IKE detailed tracing and Network Monitor
- Disabling hardware offload functions
- IPSec security considerations
- Using RSoP
This course provides information on planning, implementing, and maintaining a security framework on a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Active Directory security
- Permission types
- Security relationships
- Account security
- Implementing wireless security
- Wireless authentication
- Authentication protocols
- Wireless security issues
- Wireless monitor and object-based access control
- Setting auditing
- Auditing objects
- Security policies
- Security update infrastructure
- Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS)
Public Key Infrastructure
This course provides information on planning, implementing and maintaining a Public Key Infrastructure on a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) basics
- Certification authorities
- Configuring a certification authority
- Analyzing certificate needs
- Certificate templates
- Certificate requests
- Smart card authentication
- Implementing and using smart cards
- Using smart cards for remote access VPNs
Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the MCSE Exam 70-293 or anyone who wants an introduction to Windows Server 2003.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Windows Server 2003 Network Planning MCSE 70-293 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses