Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217 Training
Microsoft's Active Directory is a new approach in administering users, computers, applications, and resources by treating them as objects in a large network environment. Active Directory is responsible for storing, managing, and replicating information about network objects. This online training series demonstrates how the Active Directory can be implemented, integrated with existing network technology, and used for efficient administration. The goal of this series is to prepare the student for the MCSE 70-217 exam.
This Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217 online training series provides 30 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Preparing for Active Directory
2 . Building an Active Directory Structure
3 . Administering Active Directory Services
4 . Managing Servers
5 . Understanding Group Policy
6 . Managing User Environments with Group Policy
7 . Distributing Software with Group Policy
8 . Managing Security with Group Policy
9 . Using Remote Installation Services
Preparing for Active Directory
This course provides users with an overview of the Active Directory and its integration with DNS.
- Understanding Active Directory
- Installing DNS
- Roles for DNS Servers
- Integrating DNS and Active Directory
- Troubleshooting DNS
Building an Active Directory Structure
This course describes how to install domains, work with networks, and replicate Active Directory information.
- Understanding Active Directory Structure
- Installing Domains
- Working with Networks
- Managing Replication
Administering Active Directory Services
This course shows how to administer a network by manipulating Active Directory objects.
- Managing Computers
- Managing Users
- Using Groups
- Objects and Permissions
- Managing Shared Resources
This course describes the roles of servers, how to back up and recover data, and how to troubleshoot problems with servers.
- Understanding Server Roles
- Backup and Recovery
- Monitoring Domain Controllers
- Troubleshooting Server Problems
Understanding Group Policy
This course describes how to provide centralized control of users, groups, and computers within a large enterprise.
- Group Policy Basics
- Managing Group Policy
- Configuring Group Policy Security
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
Managing User Environments with Group Policy
This course describes how to use administrative templates, scripts, and other settings to manage user environments.
- Administrative Templates for Users
- Administrative Templates for Computers
- Using Scripts in Group Policy
- Configuring Additional Settings
Distributing Software with Group Policy
This course describes how to use Group Policy to distribute software applications.
- Preparing Software for Deployment
- Deploying Software
- Maintaining Software
- Managing Software Deployment
Managing Security with Group Policy
This course describes how to use Group Policy to configure elements of security for different parts of an organization.
- Security Settings and Templates
- Configuring Security Settings
- Planning an Audit Policy
- Using an Audit Policy
Using Remote Installation Services
This course shows users how to configure and use Remote Installation Services to perform a remote installation of Windows 2000 Professional on client machines.
- Remote Installation Basics
- Configuring a RIS Server
- Creating Images
- Performing a Remote Installation
Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217
This online training series is for anyone who wants to take the MCSE Exam 70-217 for Windows 2000 certification.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Windows 2000 Active Directory MCSE 70-217 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses