Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297 Training
This online training series is designed to help learners prepare for the qualifying exam for the Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications. This online training series covers topics on creating the conceptual design by gathering and analyzing business and technical requirements, creating the logical design for an active directory infrastructure, creating the logical design for a network services infrastructure, and creating the physical design for an active directory and network infrastructure.
This Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297 online training series provides 22 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Assessing the Environment
2 . Developing the Active Directory Infrastructure Design
3 . Developing the Network Services Design
4 . Designing Logical Components
5 . Name Resolution
6 . Remote Access and Address Management
7 . Service Placement and Sizing
8 . The Physical Design
9 . Practice Exam
Assessing the Environment
This course explains how to assess your company's business and technical environment in preparation for implementing Windows Server 2003.
- Administrative models
- Assessing the current model
- Formulating new models
- Service levels
- Hardware and software deployments
- Assessing the current domain model
- Infrastructure placement
- Analyzing DNS namespaces
- Assessing DNS infrastructure
- Analyzing network topography
- Creating a network map
- Analyzing network performance
- Assessing impact of proposed designs
Developing the Active Directory Infrastructure Design
This course details how to design the Active Directory infrastructure for a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Designing the administrative model
- Defining the forest design
- Forest models
- Creating a domain design
- Domain names and hierarchies
- Domain models
- Trees and domains
- Developing an OU model
- OU design models
- Developing a replication design
- Replication models
- Replication topology options
Developing the Network Services Design
This course explains how to design the network services infrastructure for a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Developing DNS designs
- DNS design features
- DNS and the Internet
- DNS and Active Directory
- Developing WINS designs
- DHCP design principles
- DHCP design features
- Developing a Remote Access strategy
Designing Logical Components
This course explains how to design the logical components (organizational units, user accounts, and security groups) of a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Defining standards
- Defining a forest structure and hierarchy
- Naming a forest
- Domains in the forest
- Assessing and defining a migration path
- Defining authentication mechanisms
- Trusts and collaboration
- Designing the organizational unit model
- OU design and group policy
- Group policy requirements
- Group policy and delegation
- Group policy settings
- Exploring groups
- Exploring roles
- Defining replication topology
This course provides an overview of the name resolution capabilities of Windows Server 2003 and explains how to incorporate DNS into a Windows Server 2003 network design.
- Understanding DNS design
- DNS design options
- DNS interoperability
- DNS zones
- DNS requirements
- DNS zone placement
- Delegation and security
- DNS servers
- WINS design strategy
- WINS topologies
Remote Access and Address Management
This course explains how to design a strategy for Remote Access in a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Remote Access Service servers
- ISO/OSI reference model
- Remote Access requirements
- Remote Access authentication requirements
- Authentication design
- Implementing Remote Access
- Defining security policies
- Defining the audit strategy
- IP address management and DHCP
- DHCP security considerations
Service Placement and Sizing
This course explains how to place and size services in a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Planning service placement
- Active directory implementation
- Active directory sizing
- Domain controller sizing
- Global catalog and DNS server sizing
- Flexible single master operations roles
- Placing FSMO roles
- FSMO failover and recovery
The Physical Design
This course explains how to plan the physical layout and design of a Windows Server 2003 network.
- Internet connectivity
- Domain name registration
- Segmenting the Intranet from the Internet
- Network topologies
- Addressing and DHCP
- Router placement
- The network perimeter
- Design requirements for Remote Access
- Authentication requirements for Remote Access
- Remote Access infrastructure
This course provides a case study of a hypothetical organization and a series of review questions covering the design and implementation of this organization's Windows Server 2003 network.
- Taking the exam
- Practice exam
Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the Microsoft Certification Exam 70-297 or for anyone who wants to learn more about Windows Server 2003 infrastructure.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Windows Server 2003 Infrastructure MCSE 70-297 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses