Windows 2000 Network Management MCSA 70-218 Training
This series teaches the information that is required to meet the objectives in Microsoft's exam 70-218: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment. This exam is one of the core tests that are required to gain a Microsoft Certified Systems Admin
This Windows 2000 Network Management MCSA 70-218 online training series provides over 44 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 6 months of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Administering Name Resolution and DNS
2 . Configuring Volume Features and Replication
3 . Configuring VPNs and Terminal Services
4 . Controlling File and Web Access
5 . Implementing Auditing and Account Policies
6 . Installing Devices and Managing Disks
7 . Managing Group Policy
8 . Managing Permissions and Resources
9 . Managing Remote Access
10 . Managing TCP/IP and DHCP
11 . Monitoring and Backing Up Systems
12 . Practice Test
13 . Updating Windows and Software
Administering Name Resolution and DNS
This course provides an overview of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting DNS.
- Resolving a NetBIOS name
- Resolving Host names and determining a local address
- Resolving a NetBIOS name
- Socket connection errors and troubleshooting tools
- Installing the DNS Server service
- Configuring zones
- Configuring Root name servers and secondary servers
- Configuring a caching-only server and understanding dynamic DNS
- Setting up DNS delegated zones and using resource records
- Troubleshooting DNS
- Using NSLookup and IPconfig
Configuring Volume Features and Replication
This course provides an overview of managing files and diagnosing problems involving replication.
- Compression in NTFS
- Compressing objects
- Viewing objects, uncompressing objects, and using compact.exe
- Rules of compression
- Disk quotas
- Personalizing and modifying disk quotas
- Encrypting File System
- Understanding Active Directory structure
- Replicating information
- Site replication
- Creating bridgehead servers
- Creating global catalog servers
- Troubleshooting replication
Configuring VPNs and Terminal Services
This course provides an overview of configuring a Virtual Private Network.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Terminal Services
- Setting up Terminal Services
- Terminal Services clients
- Installing Terminal Services server
- Configuring the Terminal Services connection
- Configuring server settings and user accounts
- Installing Terminal Services client
- Connecting via Terminal Services client
Controlling File and Web Access
This course provides an overview of controlling file access via Web Services.
- Setting up and administering Dfs on a server
- Creating a domain-based Dfs structure
- Setting up root replicas
- Replicating shared folders
- Folder sharing on the Web
- Troubleshooting a Web sharing system
- Installing Internet Information Server
- Creating an FTP site
- Controlling access to your Web site
- Changing authentication type
Implementing Auditing and Account Policies
This course provides an overview of enabling and configuring auditing and using account policies.
- Implement an audit policy
- Audit resource usage
- Configure object access auditing
- Configure the security log
- Understand account policies
- Implement password policies
- Implement account lockout policies
Installing Devices and Managing Disks
This course provides an overview of installing and configuring server and client computer hardware.
- Installing and managing hardware devices
- Identifying different volume types
- Creating, maintaining, and deleting partitions
- Creating and expanding volume
Managing Group Policy
This course provides an overview of the Windows 2000 Group Policy feature.
- Group Policy components
- Group Policy processing
- Managing Group Policy
- Setting Group Policy permissions
- Filtering Group Policy inheritance
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Group Policy script processing
- Implementing Group Policy scripts
- Security settings
- Managing security templates
Managing Permissions and Resources
This course provides an overview of configuring user accounts and troubleshooting groups.
- Creating a user account
- Using account templates
- Maintaining user accounts
- Understanding groups
- Understanding default groups
- Planning groups
- Managing groups
- Creating organizational units
- Understanding access control
- Delegating administrative control
- Finding objects
- Creating a share
- Granting share permissions
- Publishing Shares and Printers
- Moving directory objects
Managing Remote Access
This course provides an overview of configuring and using Remote Access policies and profiles.
- Sharing connections
- Installing NAT shared access
- Configuring NAT shared access
- Remote access connectivity
- Configuring inbound connections
- Configuring the remote access server
- Configuring user accounts
- Creating a remote access policy
- Configuring a remote access profile
- Managing and monitoring remote access
- Configuring remote access security
- Configuring authentication protocols
- Configuring encryption protocols
Managing TCP/IP and DHCP
This course provides an overview of configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting TCP/IP and DHCP.
- IP addresses
- Subnet mask and default gateway
- Configuring TCP/IP properties
- Dynamic IP addressing
- Host routing and router routing
- The routing process
- Validating configurations
- Validating network connectivity
- Troubleshooting with Ipconfig and Ping
- Dynamic host configuration protocol
- Configuring DHCP scope
- Configuring DHCP servers
Monitoring and Backing Up Systems
This course provides an overview of monitoring domain controllers, making backups, and data recovery.
- Using the Task Manager
- Using the Event Viewer
- Configuring the Event Logs
- Network Monitor
- Disabling an unnecessary service
- Startup log file information
- Initiating a backup under Windows 2000
- Scheduling a backup
- Last Known Good Configuration method
- Emergency repair process
- Recovery console data
- Restoring a Backup
This course provides practice questions for the MCSA Exam 70-218: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Environment.
- Creating, Configuring, Managing, Securing, and Troubleshooting File, Print, and Web Resources
- Configuring, Administering, and Troubleshooting the Network Infrastructure
- Managing, Securing, and Troubleshooting Servers and Client Computers
- Configuring, Managing, Securing, and Troubleshooting Active Directory Organizational Units and Group Policy
- Configuring, Securing, and Troubleshooting Remote Access
Updating Windows and Software
This course provides an overview of deploying service packs and software by configuring Group Policy.
- Maintaining software
- Deploying service packs and hot fixes
- Verifying and removing Windows updates
- Windows installer and application deployment
- Deploying software with group policy
- Configuring package options
- Upgrading and redeploying software
- Removing a package
Windows 2000 Network Management MCSA 70-218
This series is for anyone who wants to take MCSA Exam 70-218 for Windows 2000.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows 2000 Network Management MCSA 70-218 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 6 months of unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
Web-Based Training Products:
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Windows 2000 Network Management MCSA 70-218 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses
Microsoft Certifications Package