SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 Training
This online training series explains how to install, configure, and use SQL Server 2005.
This SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 online training series provides 26 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
2 . Creating Databases
3 . Working with Tables and Programmability Objects
4 . Implementing Database Objects
5 . Supporting the XML Framework
6 . Enhancing Data Consumption and Throughput
7 . Maintaining and Backing Up Databases
8 . Monitoring Performance
9 . Troubleshooting and Optimizing
10 . Implementing High Availability
11 . Practice Exams
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
This course explains how to prepare for the installation and configuration of SQL Server 2005.
- Preparing for Installation
- Installing SQL Server 2005
- Postinstallation Procedures
- SQL Server Login Security
This course explains how to use SQL Server 2005 to create databases and establish views you can employ to work with data.
- Defining Databases
- Using Indexed Views
- Using Partitioned Views
Working with Tables and Programmability Objects
This course provides you with information concerning job skills tested by Microsoft Exam MCTS70-431.
- Table Basics
- Column Attributes
- Primary and Foreign Keys
- Cascading Actions and Triggers
- Partitioned Tables
- Implementing Partitioned Tables
- Programmability Objects
- Full-Text Searches
Implementing Database Objects
This course explains how to work with the data in database tables.
- Listing Table Contents
- Enhancing Reports
- Querying Data
- Conditional Data Filtering
- Data Querying via Full-Text Indexes
- Using System Tables and Stored Procedures
- Using Views and Data Types
- Inserting Records
- Changing Stored Data
- Removing Unwanted Data
Supporting the XML Framework
This course explains how to manage the XML data and features that are integrated into SQL Server 2005.
- Managing XML data
- Supported XML features
- XML basics
- The XML data type
- XML method interactions
- Other SQL Server XML support
Enhancing Data Consumption and Throughput
This course explains how to move large amounts of data either within a single server or between servers. Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) are also discussed.
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Using the Bulk Copy Program
- Using OPENROWSET and SSIS
- Implementing Service Broker
- Assembling Components into a Service
Maintaining and Backing Up Databases
This course explains how to use SQL Server 2005 to maintain and backup databases.
- SQL Server Database Maintenance
- Performing Database Backups
- Backup Types
- Using the T-SQL BACKUP Statement
- Restoring Data from a Backup
- Working with Database Snapshots
- Automating Maintenance with Job Scheduling
This course explains how to monitor the performance of a SQL Server 2005 system.
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Using Activity Monitor
- Working with Log File Viewer
- Server-Maintained Information
- Using Windows System Monitor
- Working with SQL Server Profiler
- Defining a Profiler Trace
Troubleshooting and Optimizing
This course explains how to troubleshoot issues that may arise when using SQL Server 2005. It also provides information on optimizing SQL Server for the best performance.
- Tuning the Operating System and Hardware
- Locks, Blocks, and Deadbolts
- Indexing Strategies
- Data Partitioning Across Servers
- Working with the DTA
- Using the Database Console Command
Implementing High Availability
This course explains how to implement high-availability solutions such as log shipping, database mirroring, failover clusters, and replication.
- High-availability solutions
- Implementing log shipping
- Database mirroring and failover clustering
- Replication strategies
- Types of replication
- Elements of replication
- Microsoft analysis services
This course provides practice questions for the SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 exam.
- Practice Exam 1
- Practice Exam 2
SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431
This online training series for anyone who's preparing to take the SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 exam, or for anyone who wants to learn more about SQL Server 2005.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the SQL Server 2005 MCTS 70-431 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses