Windows Server 2003 Training
This online training series shows users how to install and configure Windows Server 2003 software, as well as how to install and configure Active Directory. The series covers how to install and manage print services, how to handle TCP/IP addresses, and how to set up and manage directory services, domains, and trust relationships in a Windows 2003-based environment. It discusses how to manage users and groups, including details on profiles, policies, and groups, and covers how Windows 2003 controls access to NTFS files and directories, and how to manage shares. The series concludes by covering strategies for backing up and restoring a Windows Server 2003 machine and discussing security strategies for Windows Server 2003.
This Windows Server 2003 online training series provides 18 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installation and Setup
2 . Working with Active Directory
3 . Printing and IP Addressing
4 . Managing Users and Permissions
5 . Managing Backup and Security
Installation and Setup
This course explains the hardware, software, and information prerequisites users will need in order to install Windows Server 2003. It also offers step-by-step instructions for installing Windows Server 2003 and discusses ways to resolve common post-installation issues. This course shows users how to use the Configure Your Server Wizard to configure a domain controller, routing, and remote access.
- Getting Familiar with Windows 2003
- Preparing for Installation
- Installing Windows Server 2003
- Installing from an Existing OS
- Installing Across a Network
- Handling Post-Installation Issues
- Understanding the Configure Your Server Wizard
- Configuring a Domain Controller
- IIS, WMS, Routing and Remote Access
- Working with Remote Connections
Working with Active Directory
This course explains the basic concepts needed to understand Active Directory, including domains and controllers. It also shows users how to plan for and install Active Directory. This course shows users how to control domains and directories, and how to manage permissions and trusts. It also discusses ways to troubleshoot Active Directory and resolve common issues.
- Getting Familiar with Active Directory
- Understanding Domains and Controllers
- Understanding Active Directory
- Planning for Active Directory
- Installing Active Directory
- Interconnecting Domains
- Understanding Domains
- Understanding Trusts
- Controlling Domains and Directories
- Handling Directory Permissions
- Managing Trusts
- Troubleshooting Active Directory
- Resolving Common Issues
Printing and IP Addressing
This course explains the concepts and terminology used in the Windows 2003 print model. It shows users how to add and share a network printer, how to manage printers from anywhere on the network, and how to prevent printing problems. This course provides step-by-step instructions for configuring TCP/IP properties. It also explains how WINS, DNS, and DHCP are used for name resolution to identify network devices.
- Understanding the Windows 2003 Print Model
- Installing on the Server Side
- Managing Windows 2003-Based Printers
- Preventing Problems and Faxing
- Configuring TCP/IP
- Understanding WINS
- Understanding DNS
- Understanding DHCP
- TCP/IP Troubleshooting Tools
Managing Users and Permissions
This course provides an overview of user, administrator, and guest accounts. It shows users how to create user accounts and group accounts, and how to set properties for these accounts. It also shows users how to create and enable user profiles and group policies. This course explains how to administer file shares and permissions.
- Working with User Account Properties
- Creating Active Directory Accounts
- Setting Account Properties
- Managing Groups
- Working with User Profiles
- Understanding Group Policies
- Creating a Group Policy
- Windows 2003 NTFS and Permissions
- Handling Special Permissions Situations
- Calculating Actual Permissions
- Controlling Access with Active Directory
Managing Backup and Security
This course explains the various types of backups that can be performed in Windows 2003 and presents commonly-used backup technologies. It also explains how to plan a backup strategy, then shows users how to perform backups and administer the Backup Operators group. This course shows users how to set access control options for users and groups, and discusses ways to eliminate common security loopholes.
- Backup Types
- Understanding Backup Technology
- Planning Backups
- Performing Backups
- Third-Party Backup Options
- The Backup Operators Group
- Windows 2003 Security
- Service Packs and Hotfixes
- Setting Access Levels
- Plugging Security Holes
Windows Server 2003
This online training series is for users who have some basic knowledge of networking concepts and want to learn how to install and use Windows Server 2003.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows Server 2003 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Windows Server 2003 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Windows Server 2003 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses