Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315 Training
This online training series is designed for anyone who's preparing for the MCAD 70-315 exam or who simply wants an introduction to designing Web applications with Visual C# .NET. This online training series teaches users how to use Visual C# .NET to develop, test, deploy, and configure ASP.NET applications that run on the Internet.
This Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315 online training series provides 48 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introducing Web Forms
2 . Controls and Input Validation
3 . Implementing Navigation for the User Interface
4 . Error Handling, User Assistance, and Accessibility
5 . Data Binding
6 . Accessing and Manipulating Data
7 . SQL Server Data and Data Errors
8 . Managing .NET Components and Assemblies
9 . Web Services, Globalization, and Legacy Code
10 . Testing and Debugging Web Applications
11 . Deploying a Web Application and Using Shared Assemblies
12 . Maintaining, Supporting, and Configuring Web Applications
13 . Practice Exam
Introducing Web Forms
This course introduces users to the .NET Framework and shows how to create basic ASP.NET pages for Web applications with Visual Studio .NET.
- The .NET Framework
- Web Application Development Tools
- Classes, Inheritance, and Namespaces
- Creating an ASP.NET Page
- ASP.NET Directives
- Event Handling
- Event Handling in ASP.NET
- Separating the Interface from the Logic
- Creating Web Forms
- Analyzing Web Forms
Controls and Input Validation
This course shows users how to add three types of controls to their Web forms - HTML, HTML server, and Web server controls. They learn how to drop controls onto Web forms in the Visual Studio interface, configure properties, and add event handlers and validation controls.
- Using HTML controls
- Using HTML server controls
- HTML server control event handling
- Using Web server controls
- Web server control event handling
- List, Placeholder, and Panel controls
- Table, AdRotator, and Calendar controls
- User input validation
- Validation Web server controls
- Using cascading style sheets
Implementing Navigation for the User Interface
This course introduces users to using state management techniques and implementing navigation for the user interface.
- Roundtrip and postback
- The SmartNavigation property
- ASP.NET instrinsic objects
- ASP.NET applications
- Client-side state management
- Hidden fields and view state
- Server-side state management
- Navigation between pages
Error Handling, User Assistance, and Accessibility
This course shows users how to handle exceptions and create custom exception classes and error pages. Users also learn how to implement user assistance and accessibility guidelines.
- Understanding exceptions
- The try and catch blocks
- The throw and finally statements
- Custom exceptions
- Custom error pages
- Error events
- Implementing user assistance
- Embedding help
- Implementing accessibility features
- W3C and Section 508 guidelines
- Making a Web application accessible
This course teaches users some of the skills involved in making data available on the user interface of a Web application, including data binding, transforming data, and filtering data.
- Binding data to the user interface
- Complex data binding
- Binding to other controls
- Using the Data Form Wizard
- Using Server Explorer
- Filtering data
- Transforming data
- The Repeater control
- The DataList control
- Editing data
Accessing and Manipulating Data
This course introduces users to a variety of ways to manipulate data and to move data from place to place using Visual C# .NET.
- Working with data
- The FileStream class
- Text and binary file data
- Data providers and their objects
- SqlConnection and SqlCommand
- SqlDataReader and SqlDataAdapter
- DataSet objects
- Using DataSet objects
- Strongly typed DataSet objects
- DataSet objects and multiple tables
- Finding and sorting data
- Updating and adding data
- Deleting data and editing with DataGrid
- Using XML data
- The .NET classes for XML
- Treating XML as relational data
SQL Server Data and Data Errors
This course provides an overview of the T-SQL statements used to work with SQL Server databases, and explains how to create and run ad hoc queries and stored procedures from the Visual Studio .NET IDE and ASP.NET Web applications. It also describes how to handle database and multiuser errors from Web applications.
- Ad Hoc Queries for SQL Server Data
- Using osql and the SQL Query Analyzer
- Using a Visual C# .NET Application
- The SELECT Statement
- INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE
- Stored Procedures in Visual Studio
- Stored Procedures in ASP.NET
- Parameters in Stored Procedures
- Handling Database Errors
- Multiuser Errors
Managing .NET Components and Assemblies
This course introduces the variety of ways in which the user can reuse code within the Visual Studio .NET Framework, including Web user controls and Web custom controls. It also covers how Visual Studio .NET applications are compiled into assemblies, how to open the assembly manifest, and how to generate assemblies with embedded resources.
- Creating .NET components
- Using components in Web applications
- Creating Web user controls
- Loading Web user controls
- Composite controls
- Derived controls
- Creating controls from scratch
- Managing .NET assemblies
- Dynamic, private, and shared assemblies
- Resource-only and satellite assemblies
Web Services, Globalization, and Legacy Code
This course shows users how to use Web services in conjunction with the .NET Framework, how to globalize applications created with .NET, and how to migrate legacy code to the .NET Framework.
- Web services
- Invoking Web services
- Creating Web services
- Discovering Web services
- Instantiating Web services
- Localization and globalization
- Using culture information
- Encoding and mirroring
- Accepting non-Latin input
- Incorporating existing code
- Using ActiveX controls
- COM components
- Using COM components directly
- Using platform invoke
Testing and Debugging Web Applications
This course teaches users about various testing techniques available for testing applications, as well as inserting tracing code and debugging applications.
- Using the Trace and Debug classes
- Trace listeners and switches
- Conditional compilation
- Debugging and breakpoints
- Analyzing program state
- Debugging running and remote processes
Deploying a Web Application and Using Shared Assemblies
This course explains the process of building Web Setup and Merge Module Projects to deploy Web applications to Web servers. Users will also learn how to create and install shared assemblies and use Web gardens, Web farms, and clusters.
- Deployment tools
- Deploying a Web application
- Creating a Web Setup Project
- The File System and Registry editors
- Other editors
- Shared assemblies
- Working with assemblies
- Referencing an assembly
- Locating an assembly
- Creating a Merge Module Project
- Creating installation components
- Deploying an assembly
- Reliable deployment
Maintaining, Supporting, and Configuring Web Applications
This course teaches users how to maintain, support, and configure Web applications.
- Getting process information
- Working with event logs
- Working with performance counters
- Designing for performance
- Configuring a Web application
- The configuration file hierarchy
- Configuring authentication
- Passport and forms authentication
- Implementing impersonation
- Using role-based authorization
- Output caching
- Fragment and data caching
- Handling session state
- Configuring user services
This course provides practice exam questions for the Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET MCAD 70-315 certification exam.
- Practice exam
Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315
This online training series is for anyone preparing for the MCAD 70-315 exam or anyone who wants an introduction to designing Web applications with Visual C# .NET.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of the Visual C# Web Applications MCAD 70-315 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses