Online Training Series:
Networking Essentials Training
Technical > Networking Essentials > Standards
This Networking Essentials Training Course on Standards
is part of a 6 course, 31 hour online training series.
This complete online training series can be purchased
for only $59.95.
Length: 5 Hour
This course explores some networking standards, including the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model, Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP), Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), the IEEE 802 standards, Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), and Open Data-Link Interface (ODI).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define the communication devices that communicate at each level of the OSI model
- Compare the implications of using connection-oriented communications with connectionless communications
- Distinguish whether SLIP or PPP is used as the communications protocol for various situations
- Describe the characteristics and purpose of the media used in IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.5
- Explain the purpose of the NDIS and Novell ODI network standards
- Introducing Networking Standards
- Introducing the OSI Reference Model
- The OSI Network Layer
- Completing the OSI Reference Model
- Network Devices and the OSI Model
- Using SLIP and IPP
- The IEEE 802 Family of Standards
- NDIS and ODI Network Standards
- Exercises that allow users to practice the application
- A file containing the text of the exercises
- Sample program files for all program listings in the course
- Online computer glossary
This course is for anyone preparing for the MCSE Networking Essentials exam 70-058 or anyone who wants to learn more about networking standards.
Technical Requirements: (Minimum)
- Computer: 200MHz Pentium with 32MB Ram. 640 x 480 256-color video
- Operating System: Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, or XP.
- Minimum Connection Speed: 28.8k.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher required.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
- Netscape and AOL browsers not supported.
Need help or have questions about Networking Essentials? How
about 24x7 access worldwide to our instructors! Now you can get answers
from real experts within minutes via our online chat service. For just
$40.00 additional you add our Instant Mentoring service and get your
Networking Essentials training courses questions quickly answered anytime from anywhere.
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of our
Networking Essentials courses plus over 800 hours of additional courses.
Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), includes a variety of features and all courses qualify for Continuing Education Units - CEU credit..
StaffKit is a worldwide leader in providing computer training, online
tutorials and career education. StaffKit has satisifed customers in
over 30 countries.
Back to Networking Essentials Training
"this is a must have resource"
"this is the Ultimate Career Development Package."
MidWest Technology Journal
Great Service and Excellent Training Product - Great People
Excellent program, this is a real winner. Thanks. A+
Read more customer reviews about
our e-learning training tutorials.