Online Training Series:
Networking Essentials Training
Technical > Networking Essentials > Terminology
This Networking Essentials Training Course on Terminology
is part of a 6 course, 31 hour online training series.
This complete online training series can be purchased
for only $59.95.
Length: 3 Hour
This course covers networking theory and some of the basic terms and concepts used in networking. While the course targets objectives from the Standards and Terminology section of the MCSE Networking Essentials exam 70-058, and examples are given in terms of Microsoft solutions, the topics covered are generally applicable to all networking models.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define common networking terms for LANs and WANs
- Compare a file-and-print server with an application server
- Compare user-level security with access permission assigned to a shared directory on a server
- Compare a client/server network with a peer-to-peer network
- Network Concepts and Components
- Network Models
- Network Security and Classifications
- Network File Services
- Network Applications
- Exercises that allow users to practice the application
- A file containing the text of the exercises
- Simulations that allow users to practice course skills, even if they don't have access to the application
- Online computer glossary
This course is for anyone preparing for the MCSE Networking Essentials exam 70-058 or anyone who wants to learn more about networking terminology and concepts.
Technical Requirements: (Minimum)
- Computer: 200MHz Pentium with 32MB Ram. 640 x 480 256-color video
- Operating System: Windows 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, or XP.
- Minimum Connection Speed: 28.8k.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher required.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
- Netscape and AOL browsers not supported.
Need help or have questions about Networking Essentials? How
about 24x7 access worldwide to our instructors! Now you can get answers
from real experts within minutes via our online chat service. For just
$40.00 additional you add our Instant Mentoring service and get your
Networking Essentials training courses questions quickly answered anytime from anywhere.
You might also be interested in our Microsoft Certifications Package which includes all of our
Networking Essentials courses plus over 800 hours of additional courses.
Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), includes a variety of features and all courses qualify for Continuing Education Units - CEU credit..
StaffKit is a worldwide leader in providing computer training, online
tutorials and career education. StaffKit has satisifed customers in
over 30 countries.
Back to Networking Essentials Training
"this is the Ultimate Career Development Package."
MidWest Technology Journal
Great Service and Excellent Training Product - Great People
"this is a must have resource"
Read more customer reviews about
our e-learning training tutorials.