This online training series provides an introduction to the Extensible Markup Language (XML) and its general format. It introduces the fundamentals of XML, including how to read a basic XML document, the XML document structure, and viewing XML source documents. It shows how to build an XML data document, including creating elements and element modes, naming XML objects, and creating declarations and well-formed documents. Building DTDs is explained in detail, along with creating and managing internal, external, and parameter entities. Additional topics covered in this series include a detailed discussion of the Document Object Model, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and XSL Style Language.
This XML online training series provides 15 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Viewing and Understanding XML
2 . Creating a Basic Document
3 . Building DTDs and Checking Documents
4 . Entities
5 . The Document Object Model
6 . CSS and XSL Style Sheets
Viewing and Understanding XML
This course provides an introduction to the Extensible Markup Language (XML) and its general format.
- Introducing Extensible Markup Language
- Examining a Sample XML Document
- XML Document Structure
- Viewing XML Data in Internet Explorer 5
Creating a Basic Document
This course shows Web developers how to build an XML data document.
- Creating Elements and Attributes
- Naming Rules and Displaying Characters
- Making Sure Documents Are Well-Formed
- Using DTDs
Building DTDs and Checking Documents
This course explains how to build Document Type Definitions and how to check documents for validity and well-formedness.
- Creating Element Declarations
- Creating Attribute Declarations
- Developing an Element Model
- Refining the DTD
- Parameter Entities and Modular DTDs
- Checking for Validity and Well-Formedness
This course provides an overview of the internal, external, and parameter entities in XML documents.
- Introduction to Entities
- Internal Entities
- External Entities
- Entity Resolution and Placement
- Character Encoding and Entities
The Document Object Model
This course explains how XML data can be accessed and manipulated with the DOM.
- Processing XML Data
- The XML Document Object Model
- Structure of the DOM
- The Node, Element, and Attribute Objects
- Other Important Objects
CSS and XSL Style Sheets
This course explains how to use Cascading Style Sheets and eXtensible Style Language to style XML data for display in a Web browser.
- Attaching Style Sheets to XML
- XSL and XSLT
- Building XSL Style Sheets and Templates
- Processing XSL
This online training series is for Web designers who would like to build and manage XML documents and sites.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the XML training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
XML Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the XML training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses