This online training series provides a comprehensive look at Microsoft Works. It discusses basic tasks for getting started with Works, including operating the Works Task Launcher, using Task Wizards and help, managing documents, printing files, and working with multiple windows and applications. It explains how to use the Works word processor to create and edit documents, and how to format Works documents. It also covers how to use the Works spreadsheet, including entering, selecting, and manipulating data, using formulas and functions, formatting the spreadsheet, and creating charts. Additional topics include using the Works database for basic organization and presentation tasks, using the Calendar, and Works functions that can be used across multiple applications in Works.
This Works online training series provides 21 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Started
2 . Introducing the Word Processor
3 . Formatting Word Processor Pages
4 . Using the Spreadsheet
5 . Managing Spreadsheet Data
6 . Using the Database
7 . Calendar and Cross-Works Tools
This course shows users how to get around in Works applications and manage Works documents.
- Starting Tasks
- Getting Help
- Managing Files
- Managing Windows
Introducing the Word Processor
This course shows how to use the Microsoft Works Word Processor for basic composition tasks.
- Navigating the Word Processor
- Editing Text
- Creating Tables
- Using Word Processor Tools
Formatting Word Processor Pages
This course explains how to format text and documents in the Works Word Processor.
- Formatting Text
- Formatting Paragraphs
- Setting Tabs and Bullets
- Formatting Pages
- Creating Headers and Footers
Using the Spreadsheet
This course provides an introduction to creating and entering data in the Works spreadsheet.
- Navigating the Spreadsheet
- Entering Data
- Selecting and Modifying Data
- Using Formulas
- Working with Functions
Managing Spreadsheet Data
This course explains how to use the Works spreadsheet for data processing tasks.
- Maneuvering Data
- Formatting Data and Cells
- Formatting the Spreadsheet
- Creating Charts
Using the Database
This course provides an introduction to the Works Database, and how to use it for basic organization and presentation tasks.
- Creating Databases
- Modifying Database Fields
- Entering and Editing Data
- Modifying the Form
- Finding, Viewing, and Sorting Records
- Creating Reports
Calendar and Cross-Works Tools
This course introduces users to the Works Calendar and to the functions that can be used across multiple applications in Works.
- Integrating the Applications
- Address Book and Mail Merges
- Using the Works Calendar
- Setting Appointments
- Modifying Appointments
- Creating Events and Reminders
- Searching and Sharing the Calendar
This online training series is for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Microsoft Works.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Works training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Works Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Small Business Package which includes all of the Works training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses