Windows 7 Upgrade Training
This study guide series will help you assess your skills and maximize your performance in the following areas: Installation, deployment, and upgrading to Windows 7. Also covered is the configuration of pre-installation and post-installation system settings, Windows security features, network connectivity, applications included with Windows 7, and mobile computing.
This Windows 7 Upgrade online training series provides 8 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
2 . Deploying Windows 7
3 . Configuring Hardware and Applications
4 . Configuring Network Connectivity
5 . Configuring Access to Resources
6 . Configuring Mobile Computing
7 . Monitoring and Maintaining Systems that Run Windows 7
8 . Configuring Backup and Recovery Options
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
This course provides an overview of the process of moving to a Windows 7 system through installation or upgrade, including data migration.
- Performing a Clean Installation
- Upgrading to Windows 7
- Migration Process, Advantages, and Tools to Use
Deploying Windows 7
This course discusses system deployment and imaging, and the various tools and methods used for each.
- The Role and Methods of Imaging
- Windows 7 Deployment
- Methods to Deploy an Image
- Virtualization and the Role of VHDs
Configuring Hardware and Applications
This course explains how to configure hardware and applications in the Windows 7 operating system.
- Configuration and Device Support in Windows 7
- Application Support and Compatibility in Windows
- Configure Application Restrictions
- Configuring Internet Explorer 8
Configuring Network Connectivity
This course discusses networking topics related to Windows 7, such as using Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel; troubleshooting; connecting to wireless networks; using Windows Firewall; and connecting to remote desktops.
- Configuring Network Connectivity in Windows 7
- Configuring Network Settings
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Remote Management
Configuring Access to Resources
This course explains how to configure access to resources in in Microsoft Windows 7.
- Configuring Shared Resources
- Configuring File and Folder Access
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Authentication and Authorization
- Configuring BranchCache
Configuring Mobile Computing
This course discusses the configuration of mobile computing and remote connections in Windows 7. This course includes information on BitLocker, BitLocker To Go, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), DirectAccess, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Tablet PCs, and remote desktop.
- BitLocker and BitLocker To Go
- Mobility Options
- Remote Connections
Monitoring and Maintaining Systems that Run Windows 7
This course provides an overview on how to configure updates to Windows 7, manage disks, monitor systems and configure performance settings.
- Configuring Updates to Windows 7
- Managing Disks
- Monitoring Systems
- Configuring Performance Settings
Configuring Backup and Recovery Options
This course provides information on how to backup your system. It also describes how to recover your files and settings after a disaster.
- Configuring Backups
- Configuring System Recovery Options
- Configuring File Recovery Options in Windows 7
Windows 7 Upgrade
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- MindNotes provide printable quick-reference sheets and other files to be used as learners apply their skills on the job.
- Flash-based instructional demonstrations applying course concepts.
- Instructional audio with graphics highlighting key points.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Windows 7 Upgrade training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Windows 7 Upgrade Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Windows 7 Upgrade training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses