WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE Training
The WebSphere Studio Application Developer and J2EE series is designed to introduce learners to Web based application development using IBM's WebSphere Studio Application Developer and related J2EE technologies. This online training series provides a general overview of software development, J2EE, and the WebSphere product line. This online training series also teaches learners how to design and develop user interfaces with both HTTP and XML/XSL, servlets, and JavaServer Pages (JSPs) for Web-based deployment. Finally, this series teaches learners about the Struts framework, layered architecture design principles, and both functional and user testing.
This WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE online training series provides 14 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Overview
2 . User Interface and Servlet Design
3 . Servlet Development
4 . JavaServer Pages Concepts and Development
5 . Struts and XML/XSL Web Interfaces
6 . Controller, Domain, and Data Mapping Design
7 . Unit and Functional Testing
This course provides an introduction to layered application development, the J2EE platform, and the WebSphere product family.
- Application Development
- Layering Basics
- Layer Roles and Responsibilities
- J2EE Overview
- J2EE Architecture
- J2EE Platform Roles
- WebSphere Products
- WebSphere Foundation and Tools
- WebSphere Studio Workbench
- WAS Core Architecture
- WAS Administration
User Interface and Servlet Design
This course shows users how to effectively design decoupled user interfaces and servlets using Java and HTTP technologies.
- Java user interface technologies
- Decoupling the user interface
- Mediating logical view logic
- HTTP technology primer
- Servlet concepts
- Servlet life cycle
- Example servlet: HelloServlet
- Deployment descriptors, filters, and API packages
This course provides a basic introduction to layered application development, the J2EE platform, and the WebSphere product family.
- Creating a Web Project
- Building and Persisting a Business Model
- Creating and Editing the User Interface
- Creating Access and Update Servlets
- Editing the Web Deployment Descriptor
- Deploying the Application
- Configuring the WSAD Test Environment
- Testing the Application
- Debugging the Application
- Session State Management
- Session Persistence
JavaServer Pages Concepts and Development
This course provides an introduction to the use and design of JavaServer Pages (JSPs). It also provides an overview of using WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) to develop JSP-based applications.
- JSP Basics
- Page Compilation
- JSP Syntax
- JSP Documents
- Custom Tags Basic Model
- Tag Library Descriptor
- JSP in MVC Environments
- Building Applications Using JSP
- Editing JSPs
- Validating, Running, and Debugging JSPs
- Simplifying JSPs
Struts and XML/XSL Web Interfaces
This course provides a basic introduction to the Struts design framework and XML/XSL. It also provides an overview of using WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) to develop XML/XSL-based Web interfaces.
- Struts basics
- MVC Struts example
- XML/XSL strategies
- XML/XSL interface components
- Creating a Web project
- Creating XML and XSL files
- XSL debugging and transformation
- Dynamic XML/XSL interfaces
Controller, Domain, and Data Mapping Design
This course provides an in-depth overview of controller, domain model, and data mapping design for enterprise applications.
- Controller Basics
- Controller Design Alternatives
- Exceptions, Logging, and Filters
- The Domain Model
- Approaches to Domain Modeling
- Data Mapping
- Object-to-Relational Mapping
- Mapping Objects and Attributes
- Finding Objects and Maintaining State
- Association Mapping, Inheritance, and Lazy Load
- Units of Work
- Domain Model Issues and Testing
Unit and Functional Testing
This course provides an overview of using WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) to perform both unit and functional testing of enterprise applications.
- Testing approaches
- JUnit basics
- JUnit testing
- Cactus unit testing
- HTTPUnit basics
- HTTPUnit testing
WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE
This online training series is for anyone who wants to learn about Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) programming using IBM's WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD).
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 & J2EE training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses