Visual Basic 2005 Training
This online training series introduces learners to the Microsoft .NET programming environment and teaches how to develop productive, useful applications with the new Visual Basic 2005 programming language, leveraging your existing knowledge of Visual Basic and applying that knowledge to the .NET environment.
This Visual Basic 2005 online training series provides 8 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . .NET Platform Architecture
2 . Managed Type Fundamentals
3 . Objects, Values, and Memory
4 . Reflection and Attributes
5 . Delegates and Events
6 . Asynchronous Execution
7 . Assemblies
8 . Windows Forms
9 . Code Access Security
.NET Platform Architecture
This course provides an overview of the Visual Basic 2005 programming language, architecture and platform.
- Organization of courses and preview of topics
- Evolution of the .NET platform
- .NET language features
Managed Type Fundamentals
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 creates and manages data types, and how it maps those data types to an underlying common type system used by the .NET platform.
- Common type system
- Type navigation
- Accessors and indexers
- Instance members, static members and interfaces
- Base and derived classes
Objects, Values, and Memory
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 works with objects and values, and how those underlying objects and values are mapped to memory.
- Reference and value data types
- Variables, parameters, and fields
- Cloning and boxing
- Namespaces and garbage collection
Reflection and Attributes
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 works with attributes and reflection, how to create and work with custom attributes, and how to use binding flags to instantiate types from assemblies.
Delegates and Events
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 works with events, the behind-the-scenes delegate-handling mechanism, how delegates are used to work with events, and how programmers can use delegates to integrate their own events with the Windows event-handling mechanism.
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 works with threads and thread pooling, how to perform synchronous and asynchronous task execution using threads, how to marshal (pass) data across threads, and how to synchronize data across threads.
- Thread benefits, classes and methods
- Thread data movement and pooling
- Thread execution and synchronization
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 works with assemblies, how to deploy them to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC), how to generate strong names for assemblies, and how to implement version and publisher policies for assemblies.
- Types, resolution and names
- Encryption and keys
- Deployment and the GAC
- Version and publisher policies
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 eases the creation of Windows forms and custom controls, and how Windows eases the creation of threads and messages.
- Custom forms
- Custom controls
- Threads and messages
Code Access Security
This course provides information on how Visual Basic 2005 code interacts with the .NET code access features, how to create and modify code access security policies, and the differences between evidence-based and role-based security.
- Custom forms
- Code permissions
- Enforcing security
- Writing mobile code
Visual Basic 2005
This online training series is for anyone who would like to develop applications with the Visual Basic 2005 programming language.
- Flash-based instructional demonstrations applying course concepts.
- Instructional audio with graphics highlighting key points.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Visual Basic 2005 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Visual Basic 2005 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Visual Basic 2005 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses