Visual InterDev 6 Training
This online training series is designed to introduce users to the Visual InterDev web-based application development environment. The basics of Visual InterDev are discussed, including views and controls, database interaction, and client and server directory structures. Implementation of HTML elements is discussed in detail, including using dynamic HTML and scripting to add interactive content. This online training series also covers how to use Java, ActiveX, and database connections within a Web site, using Query Designer to retrieve and update data, and using active server objects, design-time controls, scriptlets, and the document object model. The series provides information on testing a debugging a Visual InterDev program, site management strategies, and effective site layout and design.
This Visual InterDev 6 online training series provides 30 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Learning the Basics
2 . Using HTML
3 . Dynamic Content
4 . Objects and Databases
5 . Database Interaction
6 . Active Server Pages
7 . Controls and Scripts
8 . Testing and Debugging
9 . Management and Design
Learning the Basics
This course introduces users to the Visual InterDev interface and application creation. At the end of this course, users will create a new Web project and add HTML pages.
- Introduction to Visual InterDev
- Visual InterDev Views and Controls
- Other Visual InterDev Components
- Using Visual InterDev with Databases
- Creating an Application
- Viewing InterDev Results
This course presents the visual Web development environment. This course shows how to insert, position, and set properties for HTML elements and script objects using InterDev's editing and outline tools, including the Cascading Style Sheets editor. It also introduces the scripting statement completion feature.
- InterDev's Development Environment
- Adding Controls and Objects
- Working with Code and Script
- Using Design View
- Linking and Positioning HTML Elements
- Using Style Sheets
This course explains how to use dynamic HTML and scripting to add interactive content to Web pages
- Introduction to Client-Side Scripting
- Using Client-Side Scripting
- Overview of VBScript
- Using VBScript
- Overview of Dynamic HTML
- Using Dynamic Content
- Introduction to Server-Side Scripting
- Building Active Server Pages
- Using Server-Side Scripting
Objects and Databases
This course introduces the use of Java, ActiveX, and database connections within a web site.
- Introduction to Java and ActiveX
- Connecting with a Database
- Using the Query Designer
- Using the ActiveX Data Object
This course explains how to use the Query Designer to retrieve and update information in the database.
- Connecting with the Query Designer
- Creating a Query
- Customizing Query Columns
- Customizing Query Grids
- Changing Database Contents
Active Server Pages
This course introduces the active server object and explains how to use active server objects.
- Making Active Server Pages Active
- The Request Object
- The Response Object
- The Session and Application Objects
- The Server Object
Controls and Scripts
This course explains design-time controls, scriptlets and the document object model.
- Introduction to Design-Time Controls
- Design-Time Controls with Databases
- The Document Object Model
- A Database-Driven Application: Part 1
- A Database-Driven Application: Part 2
Testing and Debugging
This course introduces the tools for debugging applications.
- Debugging Applications
- Debugging Variables
- Viewing Other Debugging Information
- Handling Errors
Management and Design
This course introduces the management of work and the design of user interfaces for web sites.
- Introducing the Link View
- Using the Link View
- Managing Time and Effort
- Effective User Interface Design
- Using the Site Designer
- Designing Site Navigation
- Effective Layout and Forms
Visual InterDev 6
This online training series is for web programmers who are interested in learning about the Visual InterDev web-based application development environment.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Visual InterDev 6 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Visual InterDev 6 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Visual InterDev 6 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses