Visual Basic 6 Training
This online training series provides an in-depth look at Visual Basic 6.0. Introductory topics covered include the Visual Basic programming process, development environment, and program structure, and creating controls and setting properties. Creating controls and coding are covered in detail, including a discussion of datatypes, literals, variables, and storing and calculating data. Coding tools and other supplied tools such as subroutines, arguments, and various functions are explored, and manipulation of data files and printing from an application is discussed. Advanced topics covered in this series including tuning your program with additional Visual Basic tools, and preparing a Visual Basic program for distribution.
This Visual Basic 6 online training series provides 33 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Programming Basics
2 . Controls and Coding
3 . Coding the Details
4 . Lists and More Controls
5 . Using Supplied Tools
6 . Data Files and Printing
7 . Program Tuning
8 . Delivering the Program
This course provides the user with a foundation for using Visual Basic 6 software. In this course the user creates an application using the VB Application Wizard, and then develops a simple application from scratch.
- Programming with Visual Basic
- Using the Development Environment
- Introduction to Programs
- Looking at Programs
- Creating Your First Application
- Creating Controls
- Setting Properties
- Creating a Project From Scratch
Controls and Coding
This course explains how to use common controls and simple code to create applications in Visual Basic.
- Labels, Text Boxes and Buttons
- Coding Basics
- Storing and Calculating Data
Coding the Details
This course examines some of Visual Basic's coding tools for building applications.
- Built-in Functions
- Message and Input Boxes
- The If Statement
- Working with Comparisons
- Do Loops
- The For Loop
Lists and More Controls
This course explains how to add many of the finishing touches and extra controls and arrays for users interested in using Visual Basic to create applications.
- Building an Interest Calculator Application
- Creating the Rest of the Application
- Putting on the Finishing Touches
- List and Combo Boxes
- Data Arrays
- Option Buttons
- Check Boxes, Scroll Bars, and Timers
Using Supplied Tools
This course explains how to use some of the built-in tools in Visual Basic to improve and expand applications.
- Calling Procedures
- Coding Subroutines and Functions
- Coding Arguments
- Built-In Functions
- Data and Formatting Functions
- The Common Dialog Box
Data Files and Printing
This course introduces students to interacting with data files and printing information from their applications.
- Managing Files
- Reading and Writing Data
- Database Processing
- Creating a Database Application
- Printing from an Application
This course explains how to add to an application some of the additional tools that Visual Basic offers.
- Creating Menus
- Filling in the Menus
- Images and Pictures
- Creating an Animated Application
- Line and Shape Controls
Delivering the Program
This course explains how to prepare a Visual Basic program for distribution.
- Stepping through Code
- Debugging with the Watch and Immediate Windows
- Installing Applications
Visual Basic 6
This online training series is for anyone who wants to start learning how to use Visual Basic 6.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Visual Basic 6 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Visual Basic 6 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Visual Basic 6 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses