UNIX Systems Training
This online training series presents the features of UNIX that are most useful to new users, as well as system administration tasks and process management. Basic features discussed include logging in and out, file administration, command processing, displaying text, and using mail. UNIX shells - Bourne, Korn, and C - are presented, including a comparison of their advantages and disadvantages, and writing basic shell programs that include repetitions, conditional statements, and functions. Many system administration tasks are discussed, including installation, file systems, user accounts, system accounting, performance monitoring, device management, and security. Advanced topics covered in the series include how to control UNIX programs, how to start and kill programs, and prioritizing processes.
This UNIX Systems online training series provides 39 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introduction to UNIX
2 . Shells: Bourne, Korn, and C
3 . Shell Programming
4 . System Administration I
5 . System Administration II
6 . Process Management
Introduction to UNIX
This course presents the features of UNIX that are most useful to new users including logging in and out file administration command processing displaying text and using mail.
- Introduction to UNIX
- The File System
- Processing Commands
- Some Utility Programs
Shells: Bourne, Korn, and C
This course presents the three shells that are typically available on a UNIX system. It describes how to get the most out of the three shells, and describes the advantages and disadvantages of each shell.
- What Is a Shell?
- Bourne Shell
- Korn Shell
- C Shell
- Shell Comparison
This course presents the basics of shellprogramming using the Bourne shell then covers additional features of the Korn and C shells.
- Bourne Shell Programming
- Korn Shell Programming
- C Shell Programming
- Using Shell Scripts
System Administration I
This course covers installing UNIX, and setting up and maintaining file systems and user accounts.
- UNIX Installation Basics
- Starting Up and Shutting Down
- File System Administration
- User Administration
System Administration II
This course presents UNIX system accounting performance monitoring device management and UNIX security.
- System Accounting
- Performance Monitoring
- Device Administration
- UNIX System Security
This course describes how to control programs in UNIX including how to start a job (program) and how to kill it.
- What is a Process?
- Administering Processes
- Scheduling Processes
This online training series is for anyone who is new to UNIX or who wants to expand what they already know about UNIX.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the UNIX Systems training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
UNIX Systems Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the UNIX Systems training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses