UML 2.0 Training
The UML 2.0 series is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the Unified Modeling Language. This online training series teaches learners how to illustrate object-oriented systems by using various types of UML diagrams, such as class diagrams, sequence diagrams, state machine diagrams, and activity diagrams.
This UML 2.0 online training series provides 9 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Understanding UML
2 . Working with Class Diagrams
3 . Working with Common Diagrams
4 . Working with Specialized Diagrams
This course explains what the Unified Modeling Language is, and how UML is used. This course also discusses software development processes and iterative development.
- Getting familiar with UML
- Using UML
- Notations, meta-models, and diagram types
- Legal UML
- The meaning of UML
- Understanding development processes
- Predictive and adaptive planning
- Agile processes
- Rational Unified Process
- Fitting a process to a project
- Documentation and legacy code
Working with Class Diagrams
This course shows learners how to read and use the most common type of UML diagrams: class diagrams. This course covers properties, attributes, associations, multiplicity, operations, and other topics related to class diagrams.
- Using class diagrams
- Properties, attributes and associations
- Programming interpretations of properties
- Bidirectional and qualified associations
- Generalization, notes and comments
- Dependency and constraint rules
- Keywords, responsibilities, and static operations
- Aggregation, composition, and derived properties
- Interfaces and abstract classes
- Reference objects and value objects
- Classification and generalization
- Association class and parameterized class
- Enumeration, active class, visibility, and messages
Working with Common Diagrams
This course shows learners how to read and use common types of UML diagrams, including sequence diagrams, object diagrams, package diagrams, deployment diagrams, and use cases.
- Sequence diagrams
- Loops and conditionals
- Synchronous and asynchronous calls
- Object diagrams
- Understanding package diagrams
- Working with package diagrams
- Deployment diagrams
- Understanding use cases
- Working with use cases
Working with Specialized Diagrams
This course shows learners how to read and use specialized types of UML diagrams, including state machine diagrams, activity diagrams, communication diagrams, composite structure diagrams, component diagrams, collaborations, interaction overview diagrams, and timing diagrams.
- Understanding state machine diagrams
- Working with state machine diagrams
- Understanding activity diagrams
- Working with activity diagrams
- Communication diagrams
- Composite structure diagrams
- Component diagrams
- Timing diagrams
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning to understand and use UML 2.0.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the UML 2.0 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
UML 2.0 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the UML 2.0 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses