SQL for the Windows Environment Training
SQL is the most widely-used database language. Acquiring a good working knowledge of SQL is an important skill for anyone who interacts with databases. Short, focused lessons start with simple data retrieval and progress to complex topics such as using joins, subqueries, stored procedures, and table constraints.
This SQL for the Windows Environment online training series provides 21 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Introduction to Databases and SQL
2 . Filtering Data
3 . Calculations and Functions
4 . Summarizing Data
5 . Groups and Queries
6 . Joins
7 . Data and Tables
8 . Views and Stored Procedures
9 . Transaction Processing and Cursors
10 . Advanced SQL Functions
Introduction to Databases and SQL
This course explains the basic structure and uses of databases and how to use the SQL SELECT statement to retrieve data.
- Understanding databases
- Understanding SQL
- Retrieving data
- Sorting data
- Sorting options
This course explains how to filter data from a database with the SQL WHERE clause.
- Filtering with the WHERE Clause
- Using the WHERE Clause
- Combining WHERE Clauses
- Using the IN and NOT Operators
- The LIKE Operator and Wildcards
- Using Wildcards
Calculations and Functions
This course shows you how to manipulate data returned from a query using calculated fields and functions.
- Understanding calculated fields
- Concatenating fields
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Understanding functions
- Using text and numeric functions
- Using date and time functions
This course explains how to use the SQL aggregate functions to summarize data from database tables.
- Aggregate Functions
- Using the SUM() and COUNT() Functions
- The AVG(), MAX(), and MIN() Functions
- Using Advanced Aggregate Functions
Groups and Queries
This course explains how to use the GROUP BY and ORDER BY clauses to sort and group data. It also explains how to use subqueries and combined queries to add more options to retrievals using the SQL SELECT statement.
- Understanding data grouping
- Creating groups
- Filtering groups
- Grouping and sorting
- Understanding and filtering subqueries
- Using subqueries as calculated fields
- Creating combined queries
- Advanced UNION features
This course shows you how to access data stored in multiple relational tables by using joins in your queries.
- Understanding joins
- Creating a join
- Joining multiple tables
- Using table aliases
- Self joins
- Natural joins
- Outer joins
- Using joins with aggregate functions
Data and Tables
This course explains how to insert data into existing database tables and then modify or delete that data. It also explains how to create new database tables and modify or delete existing tables.
- Inserting Data
- Inserting Partial Rows and Retrieved Data
- Copying from One Table to Another
- Updating Data
- Deleting Data
- Guidelines for Updating and Deleting Data
- Creating Tables
- Working with NULL and Default Values
- Modifying Tables
Views and Stored Procedures
This course teaches the learner the use of views in SQL and how views can be used to simplify complex operations. It also provides an overview on the use and creation of stored procedures.
- Understanding views
- Using views to simplify complex joins
- Using views to reformat retrieved data
- Unwanted data and calculated fields
- Understanding stored procedures
- Executing stored procedures
- Creating stored procedures
Transaction Processing and Cursors
This course shows you how to use transaction processing to execute SQL operations in batches. This enables you to prevent processing errors from corrupting the database.
- Understanding transaction processing
- Controlling transactions
- Setting savepoints
- Understanding cursors
- Working with cursors
Advanced SQL Functions
This course explains the use of constraints in databases. The user will learn about primary and foreign keys, and unique and check constraints. The user will also learn about the use of indexes and triggers within databases. Finally, the user will receive an overview of the tools used to manage database security.
- Understanding constraints
- Primary and foreign keys
- Unique and check constraints
- Understanding indexes
- Understanding triggers
- Database security
SQL for the Windows Environment
This online training series is for anyone who wants to use Structured Query Language (SQL) in a Windows Environment.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the SQL for the Windows Environment training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
SQL for the Windows Environment Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the SQL for the Windows Environment training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses