Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015 Training
This online training series helps the learner prepare for the two exams required to obtain the Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 9 certification (310-014 and 310-015). After taking the series, learners will be able to perform essential system administration procedures and administer a networked server running on the Solaris operating system.
This Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015 online training series provides 17 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installation and Maintenance
2 . The User Environment and System Security
3 . File and Disk Administration
4 . Backups, Printing, and the Network Environment
5 . Access Control, Syslog, and Advanced Disk Management
6 . Network File System and Name Services
7 . Practice Exams
Installation and Maintenance
This course teaches learners the basic system administrator skills of installing, upgrading and maintaining a Solaris 9 system.
- Installing Solaris 9
- Upgrading an existing Solaris system
- Installing and removing software packages
- Installing patches
- Determining and removing patches
- Installing patches with the Solaris Management Console
- Using OpenBoot commands
- The SPARC boot process
- System run levels
- Run control scripts
The User Environment and System Security
In this course, learners will examine how to administer user accounts, as well as control system access, data access, system processes, and system programs. As a result, learners will be better able to maintain Solaris 9 user environments and ensure secure systems.
- User accounts
- Group accounts
- Password administration
- Administrative system files
- User account initialization
- The superuser account
- Login and logout procedures
- Commands to identify and monitor users
- File permissions
- File ownership
- Viewing and terminating processes
- Scheduling processes
File and Disk Administration
In this course, learners will focus on how to administer the file and disk system, including file system basics and special disk operations. This will help prepare learners to administer file and disk systems as Solaris 9 system administrators.
- Basic file systems
- The Unix directory tree
- Solaris pseudo-file systems
- Disk device names
- Hot-plugging and dynamic reconfiguration
- Disk administration
- File system administration
- Accessing data on CD-ROMS and floppy disks
- Swap space management
- Core file management
- Crash dump management
Backups, Printing, and the Network Environment
This course teaches learners to back up and restore the system, manage print configurations, and administer a Solaris 9 network, enabling them to develop an appropriate backup strategy, manage print services, and implement a variety of networking concepts.
- Backup strategies
- Backup and restore capabilities
- The tar, cpio, and find commands
- LP print service
- Print commands
- Networking models
- Checking network connectivity
- ONC and the RPC mechanism
- Solaris network environment
Access Control, Syslog, and Advanced Disk Management
This course shows learners how to set and display Access Control Lists (ACLs), configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), use the syslog facility, and improve availability using a virtual disk management system. It also covers advanced installation techniques. After taking this course, learners will be better prepared to manage system access and perform an advanced installation.
- Access Control Lists
- Role-Based Access Control
- Managing the RBAC
- The syslog facility
- Virtual disk management
- Server installation
- Over-the-network installation
- WebStart Flash
Network File System and Name Services
This course teaches learners to administer the Network File System (NFS) and Network Information Service (NIS).
- WebNFS environments
- Mounting NFS resources
- The auto file system service
- The cache file system service
- Solaris name service
- The name service switch
- Network information service
This course provides two practice exams for the Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) 310-014 and 310-015 exams. This gives learners the opportunity to assess their readiness to take the exam and identify topic areas in which they may need additional study and practice.
- Key Facts
- Practice Exam 1
- Practice Exam 2
Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015
This online training series is for anyone preparing for Sun Certified System Administrator (SCSA) Exams 310-014 and 310-015 or anyone who wants an introduction to essential Solaris 9 system administration procedures.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Solaris 9 System Administrator 310-014/310-015 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses