Sarbanes-Oxley Act Training
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 will have a long lasting impact on the governance and financial accountability of publicly held companies. This online training series will provide the learner with an overview of the Act. Learners will master guidelines for making company policies, procedures, systems, and controls Sarbanes-Oxley compliant. Learners will also examine management certification responsibilities and noncompliance penalties under the Act.
This Sarbanes-Oxley Act online training series provides 6 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Overview, Disclosures, and Reporting
2 . Standards, Regulations, and Penalties
Overview, Disclosures, and Reporting
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act has been called the single most important piece of legislation affecting corporate governance, financial disclosure, and the practice of public accounting since the U.S. securities laws of the early 1930s. This course will provide the learner with an overview of the Act, including changes in disclosure and reporting requirements that have resulted from it.
- Management certification
- Disclosure controls and procedures
- Internal controls
- Management's discussion and analysis
- Critical policies disclosure
- Non-GAAP financial measures
- Real-time disclosures
Standards, Regulations, and Penalties
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act has been called the single most important piece of legislation affecting corporate governance, financial disclosure, and the practice of public accounting since the U.S. securities laws of the early 1930s. This course will provide the learner with an overview of the Act, including changes in listing requirements and penalties for noncompliance that have resulted from it.
- Board of directors
- Other board committees
- Audit committee requirements
- NYSE and Nasdaq requirements
- Codes of conduct and ethics
- Standards for directors or officers
- Auditor independence
- Oversight of auditors
- Oversight board and regulation
- Attorney professional responsibility
- Protection, misconduct, and penalties
This online training series is for corporate finance and governance managers or for anyone who wants to learn more about the changes in rules and requirements that have resulted from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Business Management Skills Package which includes all of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses