Rational Unified Process Training
The Rational Unified Process series is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the RUP software engineering process and framework. The series explains the software development principles behind the RUP and shows learners how to apply the RUP
This Rational Unified Process online training series provides over 18 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 6 months of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Adopting the RUP
2 . Construction and Transition Phases
3 . Inception and Elaboration Phases
4 . Planning an Iterative Project
5 . RUP for Developers and Testers
6 . RUP for Project Managers, Analysts, and Architects
7 . Understanding the RUP
Adopting the RUP
This course explains the RUP product and how it can be extended and configured to meet specific needs. This course also outlines strategies for implementing the RUP, including incremental rollout, pilot projects, and training curricula.
- Configuring the RUP
- Instantiating the RUP in a project
- Customizing the RUP
- Creating structural RUP plug-ins
- Assessing and planning for the RUP
- Adopting the RUP in a project
- Adopting the RUP in a small project
- Adopting the RUP in a large organization
- Studying RUP implementation cases
Construction and Transition Phases
This course provides learners with a detailed explanation of the final two phases of the RUP development process: Construction and Transition.
- Objectives of the Construction phase
- Minimizing development costs
- Developing a complete product
- Deploying the product
- Objectives of the Transition phase
- Beta testing
- Achieving user self-reliability
- Preparing the deployment site
- Preparing for launch
- Achieving stakeholder approval
- Improving future project performance
Inception and Elaboration Phases
This course provides learners with a detailed explanation of the first two phases of the RUP development process: Inception and Elaboration.
- Understanding the phases
- Objectives of the Inception phase
- Understanding what to build
- Identifying key system functionality
- Determining possible solutions
- Understanding costs, schedule, and risks
- Choosing a process and tools
- Objectives of the Elaboration phase
- Understanding the requirements
- Designing the architecture
- Implementing the architecture
- Mitigating risks
- Establishing the development environment
Planning an Iterative Project
This course shows learners how to move from a waterfall approach to iterative development and how to plan an RUP project. This course also discusses common mistakes made when adopting the RUP, and how to avoid them.
- Motivation and key concepts
- Project plans and iteration plans
- Building a project plan
- Determining the number of iterations
- Iteration planning
- Optimizing the project plan
- Avoiding mistakes when adopting the RUP
- Avoiding RUP-related pitfalls
- Avoiding mistakes when managing iterative development
- Avoiding iterative development-related pitfalls
- Avoiding mistakes in specialized work roles
- Avoiding work role-related pitfalls
RUP for Developers and Testers
This course provides a guide to the RUP that is tailored to the perspective of two crucial software development roles: developer and tester.
- The mission of a developer
- Understanding requirements and design constraints
- Designing use cases
- Implementing and testing use cases
- Designing, implementing, and testing databases
- Integrating with other developers
- Developer best practices
- The mission of a tester
- Defining testing
- The RUP testing philosophy
- The test discipline in the RUP
- Activities of the tester
RUP for Project Managers, Analysts, and Architects
This course provides a guide to the RUP tailored to the perspective of three crucial software development roles: project manager, analyst, and architect.
- The mission of a project manager
- Project management
- Activities of a project manager
- The mission of an analyst
- Understanding your business
- Developing a vision
- Developing a use case model
- Fine-tuning your models
- The mission of an architect
- Understanding architecture
- An evolving role
- Defining the RUP
- The architect's roles in the RUP
Understanding the RUP
This course shows learners what the Rational Unified Process is and explains the motivation behind its development and its application. This course also provides an overview of the underlying development principles behind the RUP.
- Defining the RUP
- Underlying principles of the RUP approach
- The RUP and iterative development
- Dynamic structure of the RUP
- Static structure of the RUP
- Customizable process product
- Guidelines for success with the RUP
- Attacking major risks
- Delivering value to the customer
- Staying focused
- Accommodating change
- Baselining an executable architecture
- Building your system with components
- Working together as one team
- Making quality a way of life
Rational Unified Process
This series is for anyone who is interested in learning to understand and use the Rational Unified Process.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Rational Unified Process training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 6 months of unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
Web-Based Training Products:
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Rational Unified Process training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses