QuickBooks 2004 Training
This online training series is designed for learners who want to use QuickBooks 2004 as a business accounting system. Tasks covered include using the EasyStep Interview to set up QuickBooks; adding accounts and customers; setting up security; tracking invoices, purchases, and payments; using timesaving features; recording inventory and assets; and working with taxes, equity, and liabilities. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
This QuickBooks 2004 online training series provides 33 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Setting Up QuickBooks
2 . Adding Information and Security
3 . Invoices, Purchases, and Payments
4 . Timesaving Features
5 . Recording Inventory and Assets
6 . Working with Taxes, Equity, and Liabilities
7 . Extra Features and Reports
Setting Up QuickBooks
This course introduces QuickBooks and shows how to set up the initial accounts for a company. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Entering company data
- Setting up accounts
- Setting up items, customers, and vendors
- Setting payroll and employee preferences
- Setting up employees
- Setting up employee payroll information
- Setting up benefits
- Entering payroll amounts
- Setting up payroll
- Preparing paychecks
- Paying payroll taxes
- Preparing W-2 and W-3 forms
- Setting and issuing 1099 forms
Adding Information and Security
This course provides information on using lists in QuickBooks and keeping your files safe. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Setting general preferences
- Desktop view and sorting lists
- Adding accounts
- Adding customers and vendors
- Adding items
- Using lists
- Printing lists and accounting preferences
- Backing up and restoring files
- Closing the books and setting up the Administrator
- Administering users
Invoices, Purchases, and Payments
This course shows learners how to use QuickBooks for invoices, purchases, and payments. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Setting sales and customers preferences
- Batching invoices
- Charging expenses to a customer
- Setting finance and send form preferences
- Monthly statements and account receivables
- Payments and credits
- Cash and deposits
- Advances, down payments, and discounts
- Unpaid invoices and bad debts
- Setting purchases and vendors preferences
- Using purchase orders
- Receiving goods and paying bills
- Discounts and purchase reports
- Using checking
This course introduces a number of timesaving features that can help learners simplify and enhance the work they do in QuickBooks. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Memorizing transactions
- Memorized and recurring transactions
- Changing and removing transactions
- Using reminders
- Setting online preferences
- Retrieving online statements
- Online payments and messages
- Transferring money
- Using the QuickBooks Web site
Recording Inventory and Assets
This course shows learners how to track inventory and assets using QuickBooks 2004. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Setting up inventory
- Adding to your inventory
- Editing inventory
- Inventory reporting
- Adjusting inventory quantities
- Reconciling bank statements
- Tracking ATM withdrawals and petty cash
- Credit card payments and recording deposits
- Purchasing fixed assets
- Accounting for depreciation
- fixed assets
Working with Taxes, Equity, and Liabilities
This course provides an overview of the tools and forms that QuickBooks provides in order to manage taxes, equity, and liabilities. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Sales tax preferences
- Charging sales tax
- Tax reports and paying sales tax
- Discount for early payment
- Income tax forms
- Assigning Tax Lines
- Tax reports
- Creating a tax return
- Opening balance equity account
- Recording Owner's draws
- Prior period adjustments and retained earnings
- Accounts payable and payroll tax accruals
- Recording credit cards
- Paying credit card accounts
- Accounting for deposits or retainers
- Recording loans
Extra Features and Reports
This course provides information on preparing reports in QuickBooks and other miscellaneous features. QuickBooks is a registered trademark or registered service mark of Intuit Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States and other countries.
- Creating and reporting budgets
- Setting up classes
- Payment terms and customizing forms
- Voiding checks
- Journal entries and spelling preferences
- Mailing labels and audit trail
- Setting reports and graphs preferences
- Preparing statements and balance sheets
- Preparing ledger and budget reports
- Preparing liability reports
- Preparing accounts reports
- Customizing reports
- Memorizing reports
This online training series is for anyone who wants to optimize their use of QuickBooks.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the QuickBooks 2004 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
QuickBooks 2004 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Small Business Package which includes all of the QuickBooks 2004 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses