Project Management from a People Perspective Training
This online training series goes beyond the basic mechanics of project management and focuses on the people side of getting projects accomplished. It helps you develop a deeper understanding of interpersonal dynamics that can make you more effective in leading a project team. Look to this series for topics such as building a team, leading a team, influencing team members across departments, communicating, documenting, and balancing multiple projects.
This Project Management from a People Perspective online training series provides 12 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Working Across Departments
2 . Building and Leading a Team
3 . Managing Project Stakeholders
4 . Communicating Effectively
5 . Key Documentation
6 . Balancing Multiple Projects
Working Across Departments
This course provides information on how to work with diverse project teams that are drawn from multiple departments. It shows you how to examine the behavioral context of your project and the impact of the corporate structure on the project team.
- The interpersonal and behavioral context
- Managing diverse perspectives
- The organizational context
- The role of interpersonal skills
- The value of self-awareness
Building and Leading a Team
This course provides information on how to apply appropriate interpersonal skills as you go about building and leading a project team.
- Building a team
- Getting the team started
- How teams evolve
- Fostering teamwork and synergism
- Getting the most from team members
Managing Project Stakeholders
This course provides information on how to work with project stakeholders, which includes all the people who are involved with or affected by a project.
- What are stakeholders?
- Internal stakeholders
- External stakeholders
- Other interfaces
- Stakeholder management
- The political environment
This course provides information on how to communicate effectively when managing a project.
- Developing a road map
- Methods of communicating
- Communications guidelines
- Conducting high quality meetings
- Communications skills
This course provides information on how to develop and use appropriate documentation when managing a project.
- Initiating documents
- Planning documents
- Execution and control documents
- Close-out documents
Balancing Multiple Projects
This course provides information on how to manage your time while balancing multiple projects.
- Personal time management
- Managing for reliability
- What's on your plate?
- Your project portfolio
- Handling project overload
Project Management from a People Perspective
This online training series is for anyone who wants to become a more effective project manager by improving their interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Flash scenarios use real world situations to illustrate course concepts.
- Streaming video scenarios illustrate real world issues and solutions discussed in the course.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Decision Point activities allow learners to work toward an outcome in an interactive environment.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Project Management from a People Perspective training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Project Management from a People Perspective Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Business Management Skills Package which includes all of the Project Management from a People Perspective training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses