PHP and MySQL Training
This online training series teaches learners to create dynamic Web sites. Learners will be able to apply their knowledge to the creation of dynamic Web applications such as content management, user registration, and e-commerce.
This PHP and MySQL online training series provides 43 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installing Required Software
2 . PHP Basics
3 . Programming with PHP
4 . Creating Dynamic Web Sites
5 . SQL and MySQL
6 . Advanced SQL and MySQL
7 . Error Handling and Debugging
8 . Using PHP with MySQL
9 . Developing Web Applications
10 . Cookies and Sessions
11 . Web Application Security
12 . Extended Topics
13 . Content Management Example
14 . User Registration Example
15 . E-Commerce Example
Installing Required Software
After taking this course, the learner will be able to download, install, configure, and test all the software required to create dynamic Web sites using PHP and MySQL.
- Installing MySQL
- Installing Apache with PHP
- Setting MySQL permissions
- Testing the installation
- Configuring PHP
After taking this course, the learner will be able to describe the PHP scripting language, and create basic PHP scripts using proper PHP syntax.
- Basic syntax
- Sending data
- Understanding PHP, HTML, and white space
- Writing comments
- Using variables
- Using strings
- Using numbers
- Using constants
Programming with PHP
After taking this course, the learner will be able to create elaborate scripts, write HTML forms, and program PHP to handle the form data.
- Creating HTML forms
- Handling HTML forms
- Managing magic quotes
- Using conditionals and operators
- Validating form data
- Using arrays
- Creating and accessing arrays
- Multidimensional arrays
- Arrays and strings
- Sorting arrays
- For and While loops
Creating Dynamic Web Sites
This course provides the learner with step-by-step instructions for using PHP to create dynamic Web sites that are responsive to users and can alter content based on differing situations.
- Including multiple files
- Using PHP redux
- Making sticky forms
- Creating your own functions
- Creating a function that takes arguments
- Setting default argument values
- Returning values from a function
- Variable scope
- Date and time functions
SQL and MySQL
After taking this course, the learner will be able to create databases and tables, and sort and retrieve data using SQL and MySQL.
- Choosing column types
- Choosing other column properties
- Using mysql client
- Creating databases and tables
- Inserting records
- Selecting data
- Using conditionals
- Using LIKE and NOT LIKE
- Sorting and limiting query results
- Updating and deleting data
- Using text and numeric functions
- Formatting date and time functions
Advanced SQL and MySQL
After taking this course, the learner will be able to use the principles of database design, including normalization and use of forms. They will also be able to use MySQL to create relational databases, and perform searches on those databases.
- Normalization, keys, and relationships
- First Normal Form
- Second Normal Form
- Third Normal Form
- Creating and populating the database
- Performing joins
- Grouping selected results
- Creating indexes
- Using different table types
- Performing basic FULLTEXT searches
- Performing Boolean FULLTEXT searches
- Optimizing the database
Error Handling and Debugging
This course provides the learner with the steps and tools necessary to identify and correct errors that can occur when running PHP and MySQL applications.
- General error types and debugging
- Debugging HTML
- Displaying PHP errors
- Adjusting PHP error reporting
- Creating custom error handlers
- Logging PHP errors
- PHP debugging techniques
- SQL and MySQL debugging techniques
Using PHP with MySQL
This course provides the learner with step-by-step instructions for using PHP to create dynamic Web sites that allow for database interactions such as the storing, gathering, and updating of information.
- Modifying the template
- Connecting to MySQL and selecting the database
- Executing simple queries
- Retrieving query results
- Ensuring secure SQL
- Counting returned records
- Updating records with PHP
Developing Web Applications
This course provides the learner with information about a number of independent topics that are present in more sophisticated Web applications.
- Adjusting behavior for server settings
- Sending values manually
- Using hidden form inputs
- Editing existing records
- Paginating query results
- Making sortable displays
- Understanding HTTP headers
Cookies and Sessions
This course provides the learner with information about using cookies and sessions with PHP to overcome the statelessness of the Web.
- Setting cookies
- Accessing cookies
- Setting cookie parameters
- Deleting cookies
- Setting session variables
- Accessing session variables
- Deleting session variables
- Changing session behavior
- Changing the session cookie settings
- Using sessions without cookies
- Improving session security
Web Application Security
In this course, the learner will become familiar with methods for increasing the security of their web applications using PHP and MySQL. These techniques include methods of form validation, the ability to define patterns and then matching or replacing those patterns, and data encryption.
- Preventing multiple submissions
- Validating the right form
- Handling HTML
- Validating data
- Defining a pattern with regular expressions
- Matching regular expression patterns
- Matching and replacing patterns
- Database security and encryption
- Secure salt storage
This course covers extended PHP topics that are worth considering in your development work, but not related to every Web application.
- Handling File Uploads
- Uploading PHP Files Creating Java
- Script Using Output Buffering Using the Improved MySQL Extension
- New MySQL Features
- Using Prepared Statements
- Using PEAR
Content Management Example
After taking this course, the learner will become familiar with the foundational information required to build a sample content management site through PHP interactions using a database.
- Creating the template
- Creating the basic pages
- Managing URLs
- The list() function
- The serialize() and urlencode() functions
- Managing files
- Viewing and downloading files
User Registration Example
This course provides an overview of the user registration system.
- Creating the templates
- Writing the configuration scripts
- Creating the home page
- Activating an account
- Logging in and logging out
- Resetting a password
- Changing a password
After taking this course, the learner will have the information and sample needed to create an e-commerce site using PHP and MySQL, including creating the database, creating the public and administrative pages, and managing the shopping cart.
- Creating the database
- The administration side
- Creating the public template
- The product catalog
- The shopping cart
- Recording the orders
PHP and MySQL
This course is for anyone who would like to create dynamic Web sites using PHP and MySQL.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the PHP and MySQL training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
PHP and MySQL Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the PHP and MySQL training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses