Photoshop CS Training
This online training series provides learners with an overview of the most frequently used features of Photoshop CS. It teaches learners about navigation, selection, layers, layer styles, adjustment layers, layer masks, filters, color, as well as a variety of painting, drawing, and text tools. Learners will also become familiar with using Photoshop CS for image output and Web design.
This Photoshop CS online training series provides 33 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Started
2 . Navigation and Layers
3 . Selection and Color
4 . Paint, Drawing and Text
5 . Layer Styles and Filters
6 . Adjustment Layers, Tools and Layer Masks
7 . Image Output and Web Design
This course provides an introduction to Photoshop CS by teaching learners how to start the program, work with documents, and set preferences.
- Starting Photoshop
- Optimizing Photoshop
- Controlling the workspace
- Managing the workspace
- Creating and saving a document
- Importing and inserting images
- Using Help and the Status bar
- Closing and exiting
- General and file preferences
- Display preferences
- Measurement preferences
- Performance preferences
- The file browser
Navigation and Layers
This course provides information on navigating and measuring within Photoshop CS, working with layers in a document, and using the History palette.
- Using the Navigator palette
- Adjusting the display and view
- Moving images and layers
- Using the Info palette and rulers
- Using the Layers palette
- Creating layers
- Basic layer techniques
- Advanced layer techniques
- New layer features
- Using the History palette
- Controlling History States
- Using the History Brush
Selection and Color
This course provides information on using selection tools, colors, channels, and gradients in Photoshop CS.
- Using marquee tools
- Using lasso tools
- Other selection tools
- Modifying a selection
- Using Transform and Smart Guides
- Using channels, groups and Quick Mask
- Understanding Color Mode
- Using channels and Replace Color
- The Color and Swatches palette
- Using stroke and fill
- Using variations and levels
- Using Auto Contrast, Auto Color, and Curves
- Using Saturate, Desaturate, and Match Color
- Using Selective Color and Channel Mixer
- Using gradients
- Using Photo Filter and Shadow/Highlight
- Using Invert, Equalize, Threshold, and Posterize
Paint, Drawing and Text
This course provides information about Adobe Photoshop CS painting, drawing, and text.
- Foreground and background colors and the paint bucket
- Using brushes
- Using the paint engine
- Using eraser tools
- Creating shapes
- Vector and raster images and creating a path
- Using the pen tools
- Using anchor points
- Working with lines and points
- Advanced uses of paths
- Type tools and options
- The Character and Paragraph palettes
- Anti-Aliasing and Warp Text
- Editing text
- Working with type
- Working with type masks
- Advanced type options
Layer Styles and Filters
This course provides information on creating and modifying layer styles and filters in Photoshop CS.
- Adding and moving layer styles
- Creating drop shadow and stroke layers
- Working with Bevel, Emboss, Contour and Texture
- Using Color and Pattern Overlays
- Working with Glow styles
- Working with customized layer styles
- Working with the Filter Gallery
- Applying multiple filters and the Fade command
- Using Liquify
- Using Liquify Mesh
- Lens Blur and Photo Filters
- Custom patterns
- Selection and Watermarks
- Additional filters
Adjustment Layers, Tools and Layer Masks
This course shows learners how to use Photoshop CS to manipulate and enhance images.
- Creating and modifying adjustment layers
- Merging layers and composite layers
- Grouping and deleting adjustment layers
- Blending modes and opacity
- Using masks
- Clone Stamp and Dodge and Burn tools
- Healing Brush and Patch tools
- Tonal range
- Creating layer masks
- Creating layer masks
- Soft transparency and blending images
- Vignettes and borders
Image Output and Web Design
This course provides an overview on various file formats and compression schemes used for optimizing and saving the documents for Web and other print media. It also provides information about concepts related to advanced Web design.
- Using Page Setup and preview
- Printing a document
- File formats
- File information and compression
- Preparing images for the Web
- Preparing images for the press and printer
- Creating a PDF presentation
- Saving for the Web
- File size and formats
- Optimizing documents
- Working with GIFs
- Slicing images
- Advanced Web design
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning more about Photoshop CS.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Photoshop CS training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Photoshop CS Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Photoshop CS training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses