Oracle 10g Administration Training
Oracle's new 10g database leverages the power of grid computing to spread tasks across multiple low-cost machines. Learners will be able to install and maintain an Oracle 10g database in an effective, efficient manner. Topics such as the interaction among Oracle components, an understanding of Oracle's architecture, performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup and recovery techniques are covered.
This Oracle 10g Administration online training series provides 15 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Oracle Architectural Components
2 . Oracle Server Introduction
3 . Database Architecture, Creation, and Interfaces
4 . Database Control and Storage Structures
5 . Managing Users and Schemas
6 . Data Management
7 . PL/SQL
8 . Database Security Management
9 . Oracle Net Services
10 . Oracle Shared Server
11 . Database Performance Monitoring
12 . Database Maintenance
13 . Database Undo Management
14 . Database Locking Conflicts
15 . Database Backup and Recovery Concepts
16 . Database Backups
17 . Database Recovery
Oracle Architectural Components
This course provides an overview of the physical, memory, process, and logical structures that make up the Oracle 10g Database Server.
- Oracle architectural components
Oracle Server Introduction
This course provides information on Oracle's installation and configuration tools.
- Oracle server introduction
Database Architecture, Creation, and Interfaces
This course provides an overview of programmatic interfaces within Oracle and different database architectures (shared server vs. dedicated server).
- Database architecture, creation, and interfaces
Database Control and Storage Structures
This course provides information on Oracle 10g's multithreaded agent technology, as well as Oracle's new Recycle Bin and Flashback technologies.
- Database control: multithreaded agents
- Database control: startup and shutdown
- Database control: listener
- Database control: database storage structures
Managing Users and Schemas
This course provides the information you need to create, delete, and manage users, roles, and privileges within Oracle 10g.
- Managing users
- Modifying tables
This course provides information pertaining to Oracle SQL*Loader and Data Pump technologies.
- Data management
This course provides an overview of PL/SQL, information on how to declare PL/SQL variables, understand PL/SQL syntax, and write PL/SQL exception handlers.
- Overview of PL/SQL
Database Security Management
This course provides information on Oracle 10g's password file, profile, and auditing technologies.
- Database security management
Oracle Net Services
This course provides information on Oracle's listener and Net Manager technologies.
- Oracle Net services
Oracle Shared Server
This course provides information on Oracle's Shared Server technology.
- Oracle Shared Server
Database Performance Monitoring
This course provides information on how Oracle gathers and uses statistics to tune and improve its performance.
- Explain database performance monitoring
This course provides information on how Oracle 10g establishes alert thresholds and gathers baseline metrics. It also explains how to use tuning and diagnostic advisors, as well as the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM).
- Database maintenance: alerts and thresholds
- Database maintenance: advisors
Database Undo Management
This course explains how to enable and configure Oracle's undo management and flashback technology.
- Database undo management
Database Locking Conflicts
This course provides information on Oracle's row and table locking technology, as well as Oracle's deadlock management technology.
- Database locking
Database Backup and Recovery Concepts
This course provides information on how Oracle performs crash and instance recovery, as well as how Oracle works with redo log files and archived log files.
- Database backup and recovery: overview and fundamentals
- Database backup and recovery: redo log files
This course provides information on configuring and using Oracle's Flash Recovery area to assist in performing server-managed (RMAN) database backups.
- Database backups using RMAN
This course provides information on how to recover information from your databases and how to use Flashback Drop and Flashback Database as alternatives to point-in-time (incomplete) recovery.
- Database recovery
Oracle 10g Administration
This online training series is for Oracle 10g database administrators who wish to understand Oracle's Optimal Flexible Architecture, Shared Server Architecture, and database interfaces (SQL, Java, C++ and PL/SQL).
- Flash-based instructional demonstrations applying course concepts.
- Instructional audio with graphics highlighting key points.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Oracle 10g Administration training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Oracle 10g Administration Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Oracle 10g Administration training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses