Oracle 8 Training
This online training series introduces users to the Oracle 8 relational database management system. It examines its main components and installation, and discusses concepts related to database design, creation, and management, including creating, modifying, and managing tablespaces. Management of files and user accounts is also examined, along with table views and indexes. Advanced topics covered in this series include Oracle processes, job queues, and security monitoring. Data backup and recovery and database replication are also discussed in detail.
This Oracle 8 online training series provides 30 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Installing Oracle
2 . Database Management
3 . Building Databases
4 . Files, Data, and Users
5 . Database Schema Objects
6 . Processes and Security
7 . Backup and Recovery
This course introduces users to Oracle administration and shows how to install Oracle8.
- Introduction to Oracle Administration
- How Oracle Operates
- Oracle Performance
- Preparing for Installation
- Installing Oracle
- The Oracle Components
This course shows users how to manage the Oracle8 databases and servers.
- Planning for Capacity and Sizing
- Calculating the System Requirements
- Calculating the Disk Requirements
- Managing the Database
- The Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Server Manager and Database Assistant
- Starting and Shutting Down Instances
- Connecting to and Modifying an Instance
This course shows users how to create and set up new Oracle databases.
- Database Planning and Design
- Creating a New Database and Catalogs
- Modifying Databases
- Creating Tablespaces
- Modifying Tablespaces
- Managing Tablespaces
Files, Data, and Users
This course shows users how to manage files, import and export data, and manage user accounts.
- Redo Log Files
- Control Files and Rollback Segments
- Managing Rollback Segments
- Creating User Accounts
- Modifying User Accounts
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing User Roles
Database Schema Objects
This course shows users how to manage tables and indexes.
- Understanding Tables
- Creating Tables
- Special Tables and Table Views
- Creating Indexes
- Special Indexes
- Synonyms and Table Sequences
Processes and Security
This course explains server processes and discusses how to use Oracle security features.
- Exporting Data
- Importing Data
- The SQL*Loader Utility
- Understanding Processes
- Monitoring Processes
- Managing Job Queues
- Using Oracle Auditing
Backup and Recovery
This course shows users how to protect Oracle database data by creating and using backups. It also shows them how to recover from hardware or software failure through various recovery and restoration processes.
- Oracle Backups
- Configuring Disks for Protection
- Backup and Recovery strategies
- Backing Up the Database
- Recovering the Database
- Replicating Databases
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning about the Oracle8 relational database management system, its main components, and how to install it.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Oracle 8 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Oracle 8 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Oracle 8 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses