Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 Training
This series is designed to help users who have experience with relational databases, SQL, and networking prepare for the Oracle 9i 1Z0-031 exam. Users will be introduced to the major components of an Oracle server and the database structure, and will lear
This Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 online training series provides over 29 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 6 months of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Exam Preparation
2 . Managing Indexes and Data Integrity
3 . Managing Instances and Creating Databases
4 . Managing Privileges and Roles
5 . Managing Storage Structures and Undo Data
6 . Managing Tables
7 . Managing Tablespaces and Datafiles
8 . Managing the Database Structure
9 . Managing Users and Profiles
10 . Oracle Architecture and Tools
This course allows users to practice answering questions in order to prepare for taking the exam.
- This course covers all of the objectives for the certification exam
Managing Indexes and Data Integrity
This course introduces users to indexes and data integrity constraints.
- Index Types
- Function-Based and Descending Indexes
- Creating B-Tree and Bitmap Indexes
- Reorganizing Indexes
- Dropping Indexes and Getting Index Information
- Monitoring Use of Indexes
- Implementing Data Integrity Constraints
- Using Deferred Constraints
- Maintaining Integrity Constraints
- Obtaining Constraint Information
Managing Instances and Creating Databases
This course introduces users to managing an Oracle instance, creating a database, and using globalization parameters.
- Creating an Initialization Parameter File
- Configuring Oracle-Managed Files
- Starting an Instance using SQL*Plus
- Startup Methods and Options
- Shutting Down an Instance
- Using Diagnostic Files
- Planning for Database Creation
- Preparing the Parameter File
- Using the Database Configuration Assistant
- Creating a Database Manually
- Choosing a Character Set
- Specifying Language-Dependent Behavior
- Viewing Globalization Support Information
Managing Privileges and Roles
This course introduces users to system and object privileges and user roles.
- System Privileges
- Special and Object Privileges
- Granting and Revoking Privileges
- Granting Administrative Abilities
- Identifying Audit Capablitities
- Using the Audit Command
- Managing Auditing
- Creating and Modifying Roles
- Controlling Availability of Roles
- Using Predefined Roles
- Displaying Role Information
Managing Storage Structures and Undo Data
This course introduces users to the underlying storage structure of a database and to using undo segments.
- Types of segments
- Acquiring and managing segments and extents
- Controlling block space usage
- Obtaining information about storage structures
- Using undo data
- Implementing automatic undo Management
- Creating, configuring, and maintaining undo Segments manually
This course introduces users to creating and managing table structures.
- Storing Data
- Distinguishing Oracle Datatypes
- Extended and Restricted ROWIDs
- Row Structure
- Creating Permanent and Temporary Tables
- Managing Storage Structures
- Managing Tables
- Dropping Columns
Managing Tablespaces and Datafiles
This course introduces users to creating and managing tablespaces.
- Oracle's Logical Structure
- Understanding Tablespaces
- Creating Tablespaces
- Changing Tablespace Size
- Using Temporary Segments
- Managing Uniform Extent Sizing
- Changing Tablespace Status
- Changing Tablespace Storage Settings
- Using OMF with Tablespaces
Managing the Database Structure
This course introduces users to data dictionaries, control files, and redo log files.
- Constructing Data Dictionary Views
- Tables and Views
- Data Dictionary Contents
- Querying the Data Dictionary
- Using Control Files
- Control File Contents
- Using Oracle-Managed Files
- Viewing Control File Information
- Multiplexing Control Files
- Redo Log Files
- Controlling Log Switches and Checkpoints
- Maintaining Redo Log Files
- Using OMF to Manage Redo Log Files
Managing Users and Profiles
This course introduces users to creating and managing users and to control resources using profiles.
- Creating New Users
- User Account Guidelines
- Altering and Droping Existing Users
- Monitoring User Information
- Controlling Resource Use with Profiles
- Administering Profiles
- Administering Passwords Using Profiles
- Obtaining Profile Information
Oracle Architecture and Tools
This course introduces users to the major components of an Oracle server.
- Oracle Server Architecture
- The Server Process
- Connecting to Oracle Servers
- Processing Queries
- Processing DML Statements
- Processing Commit Statements
- Common Database Administration Tools
- Oracle Universal Installer
- Installing Oracle9i Database
- Optimal Flexible Architecture
- Oracle Authentication
- Using Operating System Authentication
- Using Password File Authentication
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Components
Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031
This series is for anyone preparing for the Oracle 1Z0-031: Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals I exam, or anyone who wants an introduction to Oracle database fundamentals.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- A file containing the text of the exercises.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 6 months of unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
Web-Based Training Products:
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Oracle 9i Database Fundamentals 1Z0-031 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses