Photoshop CS4 Training
Adobe Photoshop CS4 is the leading digital image editing software. The Photoshop CS4 interface lets you work intuitively to design and manipulate images for print layouts, web publishing, multimedia, video, and photography. Photoshop CS4 is the perfect tool for establishing a workflow that can help you express creativity in visual form.
This Photoshop CS4 online training series provides 21 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Started with Photoshop CS4
2 . Exploring the Workspace
3 . Using Adobe Bridge
4 . Understanding Photoshop Basics
5 . Making the Best Selections
6 . Painting and Retouching
7 . Creating a Good Image
8 . Working with Layers
9 . Doing More with Layers
Getting Started with Photoshop CS4
This course explains some of the hottest new features available in this version of Photoshop. This course steps you through creating a 3D postcard. The composition for the postcard will come from several different sources, allowing you to use some of the new cloning, masking, and adjustment features.
- Taking a Look at the Final Project
- Composing an Image
- Using the Mask Panel
- Adding Graphics with the Clone Tool
- Adding an Adjustment Layer
- Adding a Text Layer
- Making a 3D Image
Exploring the Workspace
This course familiarizes you with the features of Adobe Photoshop CS4 that allow you to customize the workspace as you see fit.
- Exploring the Tools Panel
- Navigating the Image Area
- Using Tabbed Windows and Screen Modes
- Using Panels
- Expanding and Customizing Panels
Using Adobe Bridge
This course explains the use of Adobe Bridge in relation to the other CS4 applications and Adobe Photoshop. Bridge is a central hub that you can use to locate, organize, and browse the documents you need to create print, Web, video, and audio content.
- Working with Adobe Bridge
- Using Folders
- Creating Metadata and Keywords
- Finding Files
- Creating a Web Photo Gallery
- Creating a PDF Contact Sheet
- Changing the Adobe Bridge View
- Combining Images
- Transforming Combined Images
- Removing Backgrounds and Stacking Layers
- Refining Edges
- Adding Text
- Saving Photoshop Files
- Choosing a New Color Profile
- Adjusting Image Size and Saving as PDF
- Square and Center-Point Selections
- Creating a Layer from a Selection
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Using the Lasso and Quick Selection Tools
- Refining Selection Edges
- Saving and Copying Selections
- Using the Pen Tool
- Selecting an Area with the Pen
- Pen Tool Selection Tips
- Selecting Colors
- Painting in Photoshop CS4
- Changing Opacity and Applying Color
- Blending Modes and the Eyedropper
- Retouching Images and Repairing Fold Lines
- The History Panel and Healing Brushes
- The Patch Tool and Clone Source Panel
- Cloning from Another Source
- Color Settings and the Histogram
- Making Image Adjustments
- Defining Highlights and Shadows
- Adjusting Midtones and Neutrals
- Sharpening Images
- Building Layers
- Selecting Layers
- Stacking Order, Visibility, and Masks
- Preserving Transparency
- Creating Compositions
- Creating and Editing Layer Masks
- Cloning and Aligning Layers
- Applying Filters to Layers
- Creating Type Layers
- Layer Styles and Clipping Masks
- Changing Colors with Adjustment Layers
- Refining Adjustment Layers
- Adding Pattern Fill Layers
- Adjusting Black and White
- Adding Tints and Gradients
- Adding Text Layers
- Using Layer Styles
- Saving and Accessing Layer Styles
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Audio accompanies each lesson page throughout the course.
- MindNotes provide printable quick-reference sheets and other files to be used as learners apply their skills on the job.
- Show Me Hows allow learners to access instructional demonstrations from all courses in the series.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Full-page images allow learners to experience an application as if it were open on their computer.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Photoshop CS4 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Photoshop CS4 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Photoshop CS4 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses