Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202 Training
This online training series provides both theoretical and practical information about the topics covered on the Red Hat Certified Technician exam. Learners will learn how to install and configure Linux Red Hat, as well as how to perform routine administrative and maintenance tasks.
This Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202 online training series provides 24 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . RHCT Prerequisites
2 . Installation
3 . Advanced Installation
4 . Basic Configuration and Administration
5 . Kernel, User, and Recovery Administration
6 . The X Window System
7 . Linux Network Clients
8 . Exam Practice
This course provides an overview of Linux fundamentals, including the use of text editors and file management commands, the basics of networking and security, and an introduction to hardware and hardware compatibility.
- The Visual editor
- Linux filesystem hierarchy and structure
- Basic commands
- Basic security
- System administration
- Basic TCP/IP
- Standard network services
- Basic hardware knowledge
- Hardware compatibility
- Configuring external devices
This course provides an overview of disk partitions, installation classes, and boot loaders.
- Disk partitions and block devices
- Downloading the Red Hat installation
- Configuring a network installation
- Customizing your installation
- Disk space and filesystems
- The installation process
- Beginning the installation
- Completing the installation
This course shows learners how to troubleshoot the Linux installation process, how to perform advanced disk configuration tasks, and how to perform automated installations.
- Installation troubleshooting and validation
- The boot loader
- Partitioning utilities
- Basic partitioning
- RAID partitioning
- RAID configuration and data recovery Formatting the RAID array
- LVM management
- Automated installation
Basic Configuration and Administration
This course explains the basic configuration and administration of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. It explains how to create a user account, how to populate a user's home directory, and how to configure a window manager. It also describes the different types of Linux filesystems and explains how they are mounted.
- Adding user accounts
- Modifying user accounts
- The user environment
- Filesystem basics
- Filesystem management
- The Red Hat package manager command
- Network configuration
- The boot process
- Virtual consoles and configuration tools
Kernel, User, and Recovery Administration
This course shows learners how to configure and manage many aspects of the user environment and the kernel. It explains how to manage disk quotas, scheduled jobs, services, and special users; it also explains how to use the linux rescue environment to repair a system that cannot be booted.
- Shell configuration files
- Disk quotas
- Quota management
- Kernel basics
- Kernel modules
- New kernels
- Scheduled jobs
- Services and special users
- Anachron and tmpwatch
- The Linux rescue environment
- Troubleshooting the boot process
The X Window System
This course shows learners how to configure the X Window system on network clients. It explains the X Server and X Clients and explains how X Window security is managed on a network.
- X Server
- X configuration files
- X Font Server
- X Clients
- Remote display of X applications
- Desktops and window managers
- The X Start process
- Graphical applications
Linux Network Clients
This course shows learners how to configure network clients and their connections to network services using Linux Red Hat.
- FTP clients
- Samba networking
- Configuring NIS and LDAP clients
- Print services
- System logging configuration
This course provides exercises that will help the learner prepare for the Red Hat Certified Technician exam (RH202).
- Prerequisite skills
- Basic configuration and administration
- Kernel, user, and recovery administration
- The X window system
- Linux network clients
Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202
This online training series is for anyone interested in Linux system administration or for administrators or technicians preparing for the Red Hat Certified Technician exam (Exam RH202).
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the Linux Red Hat Technician RHCT RH202 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses