PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development Training
This online training series describes the changes and additions learners will encounter when they move from earlier versions to PowerBuilder 9. It addresses the use of tools such as OrcaScript, InfoMaker, and DataWindows.
This PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development online training series provides 12 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Source Code Control
2 . Deploying Applications and Using InfoMaker
3 . Coding Techniques
4 . Techniques for Using DataWindows
5 . Graphic DataWindows and XML DataWindows
Source Code Control
This course provides information about the basic requirements for any Version Control architecture. It also explains managing and controlling the source code asset of a typical PowerBuilder project.
- Why implement version control? PowerBuilder architecture and the SCC
- PowerBuilder IDE changes
- Source code control operations
- Implementing SCC with PowerBuilder
- Branching and merging
Deploying Applications and Using InfoMaker
This course provides information about compiling and deploying PowerBuilder applications to end users. It also explains how to incorporate InfoMaker into PowerBuilder-based applications to provide end users with the ability to generate reports.
- Application packages
- Project painter
- Deployment methods
- Delivering applications to end users
- Deployment tips and tricks
- The InfoMaker environment
- Using InfoMaker with PowerBuilder
- Customizing imstyle9.pbl
- Writing forms code without PowerBuilder
This course shows learners some best practices, tips, and coding techniques that, if applied, will make the use of PowerBuilder 9 more effective both in the short and long term.
- Setting up the environment
- Using targets
- Supporting the XP operating system
- Organizing libraries
- IDE tips
- Using events
- Handling exceptions
- Additional exception handling
- Understanding performance
- Database independence
Techniques for Using DataWindows
This course provides information on the advanced features available with PowerBuilder DataWindows, such as using expressions to change DataWindow behavior, creating dynamic nested reports, using dynamic SQL, and using client/server features.
- Using expressions
- Changing DataWindow behavior
- DataWindow reporting
- Creating dynamic nested reports
- Working with dynamic SQL
- Other SQL considerations
- Changing bands dynamically
- Creating DataWindow objects dynamically
- New client/server DataWindows features
Graphic DataWindows and XML DataWindows
The course shows learners how to create graphical interfaces with DataWindows and how to import and export XML into DataWindows.
- Drawing simple shapes
- Moving images among DataWindows
- Creating rich graphical DataWindows
- Manipulating metadata
- Understanding XML
- XML parsers
- The DataWindow export engine
- Export templates
- Exporting XML
- Importing XML
PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development
This online training series is for developers who know and use PowerBuilder who want to learn the new features of PowerBuilder 9, enhancing their ability to build client/server applications.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Technical Package which includes all of the PowerBuilder 9 Advanced Development training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses