Java 1.2 Training
This online training series provides instruction in the basics of the Java 1.2 programming language. An explanation of how Java programs work and creating a basic program is provided. Programming topics covered include using variables and strings, conditional tests, and loops. Advanced topics covered include arrays, objects, methods, inheritance, use of graphics and animation, and building a user interface. An explanation of Java applets and how to create, manage, and use them is covered. The series concludes with the opportunity to apply the skills learned in a sample application.
This Java 1.2 online training series provides 20 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Writing Java Programs
2 . Java Programming Basics
3 . Using Objects and Arrays
4 . Creating Java Applets
5 . Graphics and User Events
6 . Putting Your Skills to Work
Writing Java Programs
This course provides an introduction to using the Java programming language.
- Becoming a Programmer
- Writing Your First Program
- Understanding How Java Programs Work
Java Programming Basics
This course provides an introduction to the basics of programming in Java.
- Storing Information in a Program
- Using Variables and Expressions
- Using Strings to Communicate
- Using Conditionals to Make Decisions
- Repeating an Action with Loops
Using Objects and Arrays
This course explains how to create and manage arrays and objects.
- Storing Information with Arrays
- Creating Your First Object
- Describing What Your Object Is Like
- Inheriting Methods from Other Classes
- Inheriting Methods from Other Classes
Creating Java Applets
This course explains Java applets and how to set up and manage them.
- Learning How Applets Work
- Creating a Threaded Applet
- Sending Parameters to Applets
- Using Fonts and Color in Applets
Graphics and User Events
This course shows how to create graphics, animations, and user interfaces with Java.
- Working with Graphics
- Creating Animation
- Building a Simple User Interface
- Using Layout Managers
Putting Your Skills to Work
This course explains how to put together some of the Java features beyond the basics to create Web applets.
- Responding to User Events
- Playing Games with Java
- Writing a Game for the Web
- Spicing Up a Web Page
- Making Your Knowledge Add Up
This online training series is for anyone who wants to learn how to program using Java.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Java 1.2 training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Java 1.2 Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Java 1.2 training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses