Interview Skills Training
This online training series examines the interview process, from obtaining an invitation to an interview to follow-up after the interview. The employer's perspective is discussed, and interview preparation is covered in detail. Proper interview demeanor, including listening and answering, asking questions, effective communication, and negotiating is discussed. Strategies for getting past screening interviews, navigating tough interviews, resolving objections, and managing the follow-up process are also provided.
This Interview Skills online training series provides 27 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting the Interview
2 . Preparing Yourself
3 . Making an Entrance
4 . Listening and Answering
5 . Taking the Reins
6 . Asking Questions
7 . Opening Interviews
8 . Tough Interviews
9 . Following Through
Getting the Interview
This course shows users how to find the right job openings and get an invitation to an interview.
- Interview Myths and Reality
- Solving the Employer's Every Problem
- Creating Your Skill List
- Researching Companies and Positions
- Making Interviews Happen
This course shows users how to prepare for an interview, from the time they receive the request for the interview to the night before.
- Getting the Call for an Interview
- Putting Everything Together
- Dressing for Interviewing Success
- Wardrobe Notes for Men and Women
Making an Entrance
This course talks users through arriving at an interview and establishing a connection with the interviewer.
- Between Your Door and Theirs
- Dealing with Nervousness
- Making a Good First Impression
- Establishing a Connection
Listening and Answering
This course shows users how to actively listen to the interviewer and answer the most common interview questions with the solutions that the interviewer needs.
- Dynamic Listening
- Focusing Your Efforts and Judging Reactions
- Demonstrating Your Skills
- Employment and Salary Questions
- Problem-Solving and Historical Questions
- Unusual and Inappropriate Questions
Taking the Reins
This course shows users how and when to steer an interview, and how to handle salary negotiations.
- Steering the Interview
- Dealing with the Individual
- Talking about Money
- Negotiating Your Paycheck
This course shows users how to ask questions in an interview that will provide needed information as well as demonstrate preparedness for the job.
- Questions to Always Ask
- Questions about the Job
- Questions That Show Your Vision
- Questions for Different Professions
This course shows users how to generate opening interviews for themselves and how to handle gatekeeper and telephone interviews designed to weed out unsuitable candidates.
- Getting an Informational Interview
- The Informational Interview
- Passing a Gatekeeper Interview
- Giving the Gatekeepers What They Need
- Preparing for a Telephone Interview
- The Telephone Interview
This course show users how to handle difficult interviews, including group interviews, performance tests, and stress interviews.
- Juggling Group Interviews
- Handling Computer and Meal Interviews
- Acing Performance and Employment Tests
- Grace under Stress Interviews
- Answers to Stress Questions
This course shows users how to overcome objections during interviews, handle follow-up interviews, and step through the process from post-interview to the first days on the new job.
- Overcoming Objections
- Answering Career Objections
- The Follow-Up Interview
- Thank-You Letters
- Following Up
This online training series is for anyone who wants to make the most out of job interviews.
- Simulations teach learners to perform specific tasks in applications through guided, multi-step exercises.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Interview Skills training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Interview Skills Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Small Business Package which includes all of the Interview Skills training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses