Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML Training
The Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML series teaches you how to make Web sites using HTML 4.01, XHTML, and cascading style sheets. It also provides tips and guidelines to help you design and create effective Web sites, as well as organize their content.
This Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML online training series provides 15 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Getting Organized
2 . Basics of HTML and XHTML
3 . HTML, XHTML, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
4 . Advanced Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Forms, DHTML
5 . Adding Interactivity and Multimedia with HTML XHTML
After taking this course, you will understand the fundamentals of designing and organizing a Web site. You will also know how to create a site that meets accessibility requirements.
- The Web
- Web browsers and Web servers
- Starting your Web site
- Planning your Web site
- Organizing your Web site
- Standards compliance
- Writing for online publication
- Page layout and design
- Using links
- Using images
- Useful hints
- Designing for the real world
- Deciding between HTML 4.01 or XHTML
- Creating accessible sites
Basics of HTML and XHTML
After taking this course, you will have a basic knowledge of HTML 4.01 and XHTML. You will also understand how to apply these technologies to build basic Web pages.
- What HTML is - and what it is not
- The current standard: XHTML 1.0
- Using Cascading Style Sheets
- Structuring your HTML
- Lists, lists, and more lists
- Creating links
- Relative and absolute links
- Links to other documents on the Web
- Parts of URLs
- Kinds of URLs
HTML, XHTML, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
This course explains how to use HTML 4.01 elements and cascading style sheets to format text on Web pages, add images and color, and create tables for data.
- Formatting character-level elements
- Advanced HTML elements
- Special characters
- Formatting text
- Types of images used on the Web
- Inline images
- Images, text, and links
- Using color in HTML
- More about images
- Creating tables
- Sizing tables, borders, and cells
- Formatting table cells
- Spanning multiple rows or columns
- Advanced table enhancements
Advanced Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Forms, DHTML
This course provides techniques and tools to effectively employ advanced cascading style sheets and forms on your Web site. It also introduces DHTML.
- Using cascading style sheets
- Selectors and units of measure
- Box properties
- Positioning elements with CSS
- Modifying elements an formatting columns with CSS
- Basic forms
- Creating form controls
- Other form controls
- Cascading style sheets and forms
- Dynamic HTML
- Document Object Model
- Cross-browser DHTML techniques
- Grouping elements with
Adding Interactivity and Multimedia with HTML XHTML
- Creating imagemaps
- Creating transparent GIF files
- Presenting sound and video
- Embedding sound and video
- Sound and video file types
- Working with frames
- Linked windows and floating frames
Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML
This online training series is for anyone who wants to learn to create effective Web sites using HTML 4.01, XHTML, and cascading style sheets.
- Flash and audio provide animated, interactive Lesson Introductions, Activities, and Simulations.
- Activities allow learners to apply course concepts in an interactive questioning environment.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- Supplied sample files include sample documents, application files, programs, and programming code that enable learners to practice with these files, enhancing the learning experience.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the Web Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training coursesWeb Publishing and Design with HTML 4.01 and XHTML Training SeriesTotal Courses : 5Total Time : 15 hours$99.95
Only $59.95Total Courses : 376Total Time : 879 hours$499.99