Home Business Training
This online training series offers guidance on starting and managing a home-based business. It provides an overview of the options available in creating a home-based business and how to evaluate these options. Topics related to financing are examined, including writing a business plan and preparing financial statements, evaluating financing options, planning for personal expenses, and preparing for the loan application process. Office management considerations are covered, including equipment and insurance, hiring others, keeping the books and other tax considerations, and maintaining a professional image.
This Home Business online training series provides 20 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Choosing a Business
2 . Raising Financing
3 . Office Management
4 . Managing Your Business
Choosing a Business
This course provides an overview of the options in creating a new business from home, buying a franchise, buying an existing business, or joining a partnership.
- Weighing the Options
- Choosing the Right Business
- Creating a Business Concept
- Buying Someone Else's Business
- Joining Other Existing Businesses
- Solo Ventures versus Partnerships
- Forms of Corporations
This course explains how to create a business plan and raise the money to support the plan.
- Creating a Business Plan
- Supporting Your Financial Plan
- Making Ends Meet
- Raising Money
- Using Personal Resources for Funds
- Borrowing Funds
This course explains how to set up and manage an office at home.
- Zoning and Creating an Office
- Phone Lines and Options
- Choosing Office Equipment
- Marketing Your Business
- Advertising on a Shoestring
- Invoicing and Payments
- Hiring Assistants
- Being an Employer
Managing Your Business
This course explains how to run a home business, including such topics as keeping books and dealing with taxes.
- Keeping Books
- Paying Taxes
- Tax Write-Offs
- Tax Deductions
- Taking Time Away from Work
- Presenting a Professional Image
- Keeping In Touch with the Outside World
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning more about starting and managing a home-based business.
- Exercises allow learners to practice in the actual application being studied.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the Home Business training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
Home Business Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Small Business Package which includes all of the Home Business training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses