GUI Design Training
This online training series introduces users to the primary concepts and tasks involved in graphical user interface (GUI) design. It identifies the characteristics of an effective GUI, describes usability factors, and examines the design principles of consistency, user feedback, information filtering, and the conceptual model. It also discusses in detail the effective use of color and typography, icons and pointers, window layouts, and screen controls. The series concludes with a discussion of effective interface design, including the principles of organization, efficiency, and communication.
This GUI Design online training series provides 10 hours of self-paced courseware. This web-based training provides 1 year of unlimited access to all of the following lessons:
1 . Planning an Interface
2 . Developing an Interface
3 . Designing Screen Elements
Planning an Interface
This course introduces users to the primary principles and tasks involved in graphical user interface (GUI) design.
- Introduction to User Interfaces
- Developing within Constraints
- Designing for Your Users
- Designing an Effective GUI
Developing an Interface
This course shows users how to design screen layouts, use color effectively, and incorporate typography into a graphical user interface.
- Designing the Layout
- Introduction to Color
- Choosing Color
- Using Typography Effectively
Designing Screen Elements
This course shows users how to put together the elements of an interface to create an effective design.
- Designing Icons
- Designing Pointers
- Designing Windows
- Designing Screen Controls
- Effective Interface Design
This online training series is for anyone who is interested in learning more about application design and graphical user interfaces.
- A Course Topics list contains active hyperlinks, permitting quick access to specific topics.
- Find-A-Word allows learners to look up an unfamiliar term in the Glossary, on the Web, or in a dictionary. In addition, it lets them find other occurrences of the term in the same course.
- Search text enables learners to rapidly search all text within a course to easily retrieve information required.
- Courses challenge the learner with a variety of question formats, including multi-step simulations, true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- A skill assessment generates a customized learning path based on the results of a pre-test.
- A glossary provides a reference for definitions of unfamiliar terms.
- Bookmarking tracks the learner's progress in a course.
- Internet connection
- Browser: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or any standards compliant browser.
- Authorware and Macromedia Flash player recommended but not required.
What You Get:
You will receive Unlimited Access to all of the GUI Design training tutorials listed above. Your online training courses will be available from anywhere you have internet access.This e-learning series includes all of the online training tutorials listed and is provided in an interactive, self-paced format. Retake any or all of our computer training as often as you want. Our online tutorials allow you to learn anywhere, anytime from any computer with internet access. All courses allow for 1 year unlimited access (1 user), include a variety of features and qualify for Continuing Education Unit credit.
StaffKit is a leader in providing online computer training tutorials and online education. We have customers use our online training courses in over 75 countries. StaffKit has been providing e-learning solutions for 10 years.
Web-Based Training Products:
GUI Design Online Training Series
You might also be interested in our Web Development Package which includes all of the GUI Design training courses listed above plus hundreds of hours of related online training courses